Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio is pivoting to enterprise — its consumer drones are dead / After establishing an enterprise business, it’s pivoting that way entirely.

Sad day for USA drone manufacturer and me!....
I'm dying inside and was thinking of upgrading to their mapping software for my Skydio 2. Even was looking forward to purchasing a 2 Plus!
You'd think that continuing to market to small time commercial and consumer markets would bolster their Enterprise business!
I feel like a guinea pig for them!
now for DJI and China to take over even more and gather ALL of our information for neferious purposes!
I can't say how bummed I am!
DB

I hope that they fixed the problem about those Drones not flying at night, that’s where my DJI Drones came in!

Sad day for USA drone manufacturer and me!....
I'm dying inside and was thinking of upgrading to their mapping software for my Skydio 2. Even was looking forward to purchasing a 2 Plus!
You'd think that continuing to market to small time commercial and consumer markets would bolster their Enterprise business!
I feel like a guinea pig for them!
now for DJI and China to take over even more and gather ALL of our information for neferious purposes!
I can't say how bummed I am!
DB
I hear you. I was sad, but not surprised about this. As soon as Skydio went into the Enterprise side of things I saw they were plotting a course away from consumer. When they introduced the X2 and finally the Dock I knew it was a forgone conclusion. Alos, the fact that their software, like the mapping and such had to be purchased after consulting with the company was a sign that consumers were not a viable solution for their business.

It is sad but inevitable. The overhead for doing business in this field in the USA is too high. So companies end up being more viable through bulk order contracts and licensing fees rather than individual points of sale to individuals.

We were and still are guinea pigs. Back to DJI and the spying drone.....

Sure they will support existing customers, but why would they shut down the store on their site ????

If I need props or batteries, I gotta call Sales and leave a message ? That is the process for Enterprise, but why for existing consumer side of it. ?

Sure they will support existing customers, but why would they shut down the store on their site ????

If I need props or batteries, I gotta call Sales and leave a message ? That is the process for Enterprise, but why for existing consumer side of it. ?
They are winding down their accessories sales, not eliminating them. If you want to buy the few items they have left, you can get there here (this link was shared in the Skydio blog):

Reactions: BlueHeeler

Offical answer from Skydio:

We appreciate your inquiry today. Please note that we have made some changes to our product offerings. The Skydio 2+ Starter, Sports, Cinema, and Pro Kits are no longer available for purchase through our online store. However, we will continue to maintain a stock of accessories to cater to your needs, including replacement batteries, propellers, charging cables, and more. You can still conveniently acquire Skydio 2/2+ accessories from our online store at shop.skydio.com whenever the need arises.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UpAboveVisuals