Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio killer?

I use the controller and tablet. I had issues with the Beacon early on and have not gone back to it... yet. As you have experienced there are some software bugs with smart shots; for example, in Orbit the SD2 will clock around smoothly for about 250 degrees then pause and not complete the Orbit. There is some weirdness with Dronie and other smart shots where the SD2 will fly an odd path or lose the subject even when it's close. I will say it's getting better and the standard fixed track is beyond than anything I have used.

The SD2 is now smoother amongst the trees(cactus), I'll post another video soon where my SD2 had to dodge taller trees (cacti). Also my tablet has not locked up due to app size.

So all in all they are making progress and considering the future potential the foundation is there. I think the on board processing available to the S2 puts it on a different level than anything out there, they just need to harness that potential.
Excellent! I'm so glad you are sharing this info!
Somebody had to step in to this s*** and complained, even tho some may not like it ?

This would be so easy for Skydio staff to read this and make notes.
I did invite them to join here but did not see any official accounts here created.
It would save them lots of time on email replies back and forth.

Do you once in the while send feedback to Skydio? Looks like you got lots of hours of observation to share :)

I know one of them from another forum. I'll suggest it to him.

Reactions: Lifeisfun
I use the controller and tablet. I had issues with the Beacon early on and have not gone back to it... yet. As you have experienced there are some software bugs with smart shots; for example, in Orbit the SD2 will clock around smoothly for about 250 degrees then pause and not complete the Orbit. There is some weirdness with Dronie and other smart shots where the SD2 will fly an odd path or lose the subject even when it's close. I will say it's getting better and the standard fixed track is beyond than anything I have used.

The SD2 is now smoother amongst the trees(cactus), I'll post another video soon where my SD2 had to dodge taller trees (cacti). Also my tablet has not locked up due to app size.

So all in all they are making progress and considering the future potential the foundation is there. I think the on board processing available to the S2 puts it on a different level than anything out there, they just need to harness that potential.
Very fair synopsis ... not sure what more anyone can expect from such new technology.

Those complaining about Skydio's lack of progress in fixing problems unrealistically expect perfection ... like the old adage says .... sometimes "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves."

Very fair synopsis ... not sure what more anyone can expect from such new technology.

Those complaining about Skydio's lack of progress in fixing problems unrealistically expect perfection ... like the old adage says .... sometimes "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves."

I propose signature for skydioconvert profile:

I don't even have one, and already love it!

??

Last edited:
Don't underestimate the S2, IMO it is years ahead of the competition when it comes to tracking and getting better. Like all things new there are areas for improvement.

Every time I launch my S2 I am impressed with the technology. In all fairness the S2 has the best tracking period, and has a good camera/gimbal, that's the hard part. Range, controller.... are the easy part that DJI has had years to perfect. While DJI perfects this old technology Skydio has set a new bar.

Reactions: skydioconvert

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES