Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Something big is coming...

paularity

Reaction score
Did anyone else get the email?

Let the S3 speculation begin…

I’m surprised since the S2+ was only released in January, but I guess it will have been over 3 years since the S2 was announced way back in October 2019!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 1.16.19 pm.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 1.16.19 pm.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 23
Did anyone else get the email?

Let the S3 speculation begin…

I’m surprised since the S2+ was only released in January, but I guess it will have been over 3 years since the S2 was announced way back in October 2019!
Nope not yet, I would think it would NOT be a new drone, but major Firmware Updates instead of those silly bug fixes that sometimes make things worse for some of us. I would love to see them release the Enterprise Software for everyone, but that is wishful thinking. If it's indeed a new drone, I'm reaching deeper into my pockets. LOL !

Nope not yet, I would think it would NOT be a new drone, but major Firmware Updates instead of those silly bug fixes that sometimes make things worse for some of us. I would love to see them release the Enterprise Software for everyone, but that is wishful thinking. If it's indeed a new drone, I'm reaching deeper into my pockets. LOL !
Like s2 drones randomly flying off and Support telling people it's their fault instead of buggy programming? That would be a nice fix.

I'm betting on a new drone. To whip up hype with a mass emailing for software upgrade or a new case would just be embarrassing on the heels of an impending Mavic 3 Classic debut event .. 🥱

Looks like it's mostly camera focused.

i think the "big" part is the early bf sale discount which is nice if you're a first time skydio.

i think the "big" part is the early bf sale discount which is nice if you're a first time skydio.
clearing stock prior to a new release early next year...

same thing happened in 2021, but that was also to do with the chip shortage and they temporarily raised, then dropped the price

also Low Battery Auto RTH was mentioned in the Instagram post - that is pretty relevant to my use case!

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Don’t get too excited folks, I’ve been in the AI, 3D Scanning, LIDAR, and FLIR world for over half a decade. iPhone 12 Pro or greater that use the LiDAR apps (Polycam, 3D Scanner), you will see a DIRECT correlation to how the X2/2+ Enterprise completes its scans by throwing out the mesh edges and then “painting” them with excessive imagery. Then one must take that imagery to a 3rd party and pay for processing if unable to do so yourself. I have a 2+ and EVO II Pro and I take every photo manually, process for free (or very cheap like AutoDesk ReCap) with my SkyDio and have yet to see a model worth $5,000+ more from 3D scan. I’m heading tomorrow to create a 3D environment for the biggest client in my 10+ year career after seeing the manual models, followed by one of the top ranked PGA courses.

I’m aware of a larger sensor (larger than the standard 20MP Mavic) and better 35mm equivalent (currently 21mm at 12.3MP) of course, but we are hitting the inevitable world of “LiDARgrammetry” which eventually will become just photogrammetry when the precision is there (aside from vegetation and specific use cases). I currently fly RIEGL VUX-1 Scanners with 15 RETURNS, which are incredible. RIEGL is amazing and will always have a critical spot in the industry. However, no one wants to fly that kind of money/weight when it’s overkill.

I’ve been able to capture up to 488 photos in one S2 battery, all at different angles/orientations. Not as fast as 3D Scan, but close enough that seeing things an AI can’t and knowing to grab extra photos is priceless. I’m NOT advertising, but have a look at what you could be doing if you know photogrammetry. Happy to answer any questions/help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup