Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Tablet Holder For Tablet In A Case

Jim

Reaction score
Hi all, for any of you flying with a tablet rather than a phone, do you have your tablet in a case and if so what are you using to hold it? I have an iPad Mini in an Otterbox case and even without the hard plastic screen cover/back on, it's too thick to fit properly in the Parrot tablet holder that is provided in the Pro Kit for use with the Controller. Any and all suggestions for use with this setup much appreciated.

There's tablet holders being sold on Amazon for the Anafi controller. I considered getting one but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Hi all, for any of you flying with a tablet rather than a phone, do you have your tablet in a case and if so what are you using to hold it? I have an iPad Mini in an Otterbox case and even without the hard plastic screen cover/back on, it's too thick to fit properly in the Parrot tablet holder that is provided in the Pro Kit for use with the Controller. Any and all suggestions for use with this setup much appreciated.

The Anafi holder is the best I've seen. Every other holder uses the crummy phone holder that barely holds my phone.

If you have a 3D printer Thingiverse has some.
I modified one to accept my iPad mini with case.
iPad holder.jpg

The Anafi holder is the best I've seen. Every other holder uses the crummy phone holder that barely holds my phone.

I like it too but unfortunately while it fits fine for a tablet in a thin case, it will not hold a thicker more armored unit.

I like it too but unfortunately while it fits fine for a tablet in a thin case, it will not hold a thicker more armored unit.

Ah well, your right about that one. I tried it with to of my tablets in OtterBox Defender cases and it was a no go. However, it did work with the Pursuit and Commuter cases on my phone without issue.

Ah well, your right about that one. I tried it with to of my tablets in OtterBox Defender cases and it was a no go. However, it did work with the Pursuit and Commuter cases on my phone without issue.
I ordered one of the Dirty J mounts and will report back on receipt!

If you have a 3D printer Thingiverse has some.
I modified one to accept my iPad mini with case.
View attachment 51
What 3D printer and software are you using BTW? Been curious about the idea of making stuff at home like this but it seems like a deep dive/steep learning curve...

What 3D printer and software are you using BTW? Been curious about the idea of making stuff at home like this but it seems like a deep dive/steep learning curve...
I have an Anycubic I3 Mega printer and use Simplify3D software.
I have been 3D printing for a few years now.
It is a learning curve at first like anything new.

Reactions: Jim
I ordered one of those tabled holders on Amazon. I plan to use it with my Samsung Galaxy Fold.
I would have it in a week or so they say. I'll keep you-all posted with my impressions

I got the Dirty J Designs unit and fingers crossed re: durability of the material but the design works like a charm.

I got the Dirty J Designs unit and fingers crossed re: durability of the material but the design works like a charm.
Any way you can post a pic of it?

Any way you can post a pic of it?
Sure. Here are a few, first a couple shots showing the tablet holder in the middle of me cutting out the extra inserts to hold small tablets firmly in place and showing one in and one out (per the instructions - very easy with pliers and a razor blade, they’re little extra squares made to come out if you’re using a thick case), then one with the tablet in the holder (iPad Mini 5 in an OtterBox), and finally one of the back side of the holder. Fits snugly on the Controller but that’s probably a good thing.

Attachments

• 98D28084-DC83-47E0-BBC1-5CCD084A9FE9.jpeg
    98D28084-DC83-47E0-BBC1-5CCD084A9FE9.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 4C3A6D80-75CF-47C3-85B6-08758B90C4D5.jpeg
    4C3A6D80-75CF-47C3-85B6-08758B90C4D5.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 28
  • 4D558E51-2DD3-4DCC-BB14-57700582AABB.jpeg
    4D558E51-2DD3-4DCC-BB14-57700582AABB.jpeg
    76.4 KB · Views: 29
  • ED1C5C33-3865-424D-A5E1-49C3106AF965.jpeg
    ED1C5C33-3865-424D-A5E1-49C3106AF965.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 28
Thanks for posting those Jim, I was flying yesterday with the controller/phone and that sized screen really doesn't cut it for me.

Thanks for posting those Jim, I was flying yesterday with the controller/phone and that sized screen really doesn't cut it for me.
Happy to assist. :)

It makes the controller feel more top heavy of course, but the bigger view is definitely worth it IMHO.

I purchased the Parrot extender and just received my Skydio2 today.

My question is that the controller seems to power on every time that the phone holder is opened. Is there any way to avoid this? It seems like it‘s going to drain batteries very quickly.

My question is that the controller seems to power on every time that the phone holder is opened. Is there any way to avoid this? It seems like it‘s going to drain batteries very quickly.
That's how they decided to turn it off and on, I guess to discourage controller power cycles mid-flight ?

The controller can be modded with an on/off switch, I considered it but shelved the idea for now.

I added an external, manual switch to my Anafi controller. It works great. I plan to do the same to my Skydio controller when I get it.
There is more to this than just interrupting the battery supply. The existing switch is normally open when the controller is opened up and closed when the controller is closed.

Attachments

• IMG_7581mod.JPG
    IMG_7581mod.JPG
    537.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7584mod.JPG
    IMG_7584mod.JPG
    651.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7587mod.JPG
    IMG_7587mod.JPG
    547.4 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Blueskybob

On one of the Facebook groups this individual has made his own kill switch so to speak. It works by "mimicking" the top as it closes. Just slide it in. You can pull it out , reverse it , and it will hold in place. Or you can put it your pocket. Here is the link. Skydio 2 Power Key - 3D Printed Drone Mods

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup