Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Tablet Holder & On/Off Switch... will these work on a Skydio 2 controller?

skydioconvert

Reaction score
While awaiting my S2, I'm checking into ways to easily mount a LARGE device to my S2 controller as well as find an easy way to POWER the controller on or off without resorting to unfolding or folding the controller arm.

"IF" there have been no physical changes to how both the Anafi and Skydio S2 controller work it looks like these simple 3D printed parts will work well on both controllers.

P.S. Need to find someone with a 3D printer to get these parts made ....;)

Last edited:
While awaiting my S2, I'm checking into ways to easily mount a LARGE device to my S2 controller as well as find an easy way to POWER the controller on or off without resorting to unfolding or folding the controller arm.

"IF" there have been no physical changes to how both the Anafi and Skydio S2 controller work it looks like these simple 3D printed parts will work well on both controllers.

P.S. Need to find someone with a 3D printer to get these parts made ....;)

look at dirty j designs on etsy. i have purchased the large tablet holder, power block and kicker. i also got beacon holders that convert to go pro mount and bicycle handle bracket. he has these designs already printed and reasonably priced for sale out of santa monica, CA.

Reactions: skydioconvert
look at dirty j designs on etsy. i have purchased the large tablet holder, power block and kicker. i also got beacon holders that convert to go pro mount and bicycle handle bracket. he has these designs already printed and reasonably priced for sale out of santa monica, CA.
Excellent alternative with Skydio 2 specific designs.... THANK YOU for tip.

Reactions: richinAZ
I actually installed a real switch in my Anafi controller.

Attachments

• IMG_7587mod.JPG
    IMG_7587mod.JPG
    547.4 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Lifeisfun
I actually installed a real switch in my Anafi controller.
Nice clean mod but another switch to remember being in the right position would be just another switch to have to think about... The KISS design principle is too ingrained in me.

Nice clean mod but another switch to remember being in the right position would be just another switch to have to think about... The KISS design principle is too ingrained in me.
The switch is wired in parallel across the existing switch, (The existing switch is a open when the controller is open and closed when the controller is closed.) To power on the controller, you must have this new switch turned on. If you forget to turn it off, the controller will still shut down when you fold it up.
For me, "simple" is not having an extra part to carry or lose.

Last edited:
The switch is wired in parallel across the existing switch, (The existing switch is a open when the controller is open and closed when the controller is closed.) To power on the controller, you must have this new switch turned on. If you forget to turn it off, the controller will still shut down when you fold it up.
For me, "simple" is not having an extra part to carry or lose.
A lot of different ways to skin a cat.... I prefer the dirty j always inserted power blocker design way.

Same here, I just have the microswitch on the back were the USB port is located
Got my Skydio today along with the controller and other accessories. One difference between this one and the Anafi controller, is that there is no USB type A port. There seems to be some type of closure or cover over the place where it was located on the Anafi controller. Perhaps a switch ban be mounted in this location if Sktdio has not used the space inside for something else.

Got my Skydio today along with the controller and other accessories. One difference between this one and the Anafi controller, is that there is no USB type A port. There seems to be some type of closure or cover over the place where it was located on the Anafi controller. Perhaps a switch ban be mounted in this location if Sktdio has not used the space inside for something else.
Yup, enough space for the micro switch

They just don’t seem to be comfortable or balanced. You can tell most have not been created by dedicated engineers. Just your average joe and a 3D printer.

Reactions: Lifeisfun
Given the small size of the controller and the need for any device to not block signals to and from the controller itself, there's probably not much an engineer can play with to make it more comfortable or better balanced.

Putting the device below the controller might improve balance but many pilots have found that setup not to their liking.

Really the only answer is to see Skydio develop a different controller in-house for the S2.

Reactions: richinAZ
Really the only answer is to see Skydio develop a different controller in-house for the S2.
I don't see that going very well if Skydio decided to release another controller, given how many have already been sold. Without some sort of exchange program, I would guess there would be a lot of upset customers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup