Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Tablet use without cell service.

sylvestermax

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to drones and am getting a 2 plus in a few days. I would like to use a tablet that doesn't have a cell service associated with it. I can download and install the Skydio app via WiFi, Will the tablet, if compatible, be able to be used with the controller to fly the drone?

Hello, I'm new to drones and am getting a 2 plus in a few days. I would like to use a tablet that doesn't have a cell service associated with it. I can download and install the Skydio app via WiFi, Will the tablet, if compatible, be able to be used with the controller to fly the drone?
I fly my S2 with either an iPhone or Android phone so I can't personally speak to the tablet question. I don't have a SIM card in the iPhone so it's usually used without any network connection (it works to fly the S2 with the app & controller without any issues). Sometimes I connect the iPhone to a hotspot from my Android phone when I want to be network connected to Drone Deploy to fly with the iPhone to set up a new project/flight mission in the field. Hope this is helpful.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!
Drop by the pilot’s
check-in to introduce yourself.

I use the Tripltek Pro 8. Not only is it the brightest tablet on the market, but I also use it for every drone in my fleet which includes different DJI drones, Autel, and Skydio.

That's a nice ruggedized tablet, it'd probably also work nice as a large GPS mounted to a motorcycle. The main reason I shun most tablets and smart phones because I can't read the subtle details of a map in direct sunlight. That one might be the ticket. For me that would serve two purposes, probably at the same time, if I included bluetooth music piped to a helmet it'd perform 3 jobs. These kind of posts can be expensive.

Reactions: kenmavic2zoom
In my experience if the tablet has GPS your okay. Be careful with Apple, with many of their tablets you need to purchase the cellular version to get GPS even though you don't have to activate the cellular side of it.

You're GTG, as long you can receive/send data via WiFi, receive GPS Signals.

I exclusively use a mini iPad 5th gen, no issues at all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup