Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Thought I was a member, but…

PixelRancher

Reaction score
Howdy from Colorado. I thought I joined this site prior to getting my S2 in February of 2020, but apparently not! Anyway, I’ve been flying the little fellow for over a year and I’m still impressed with it. I am one of those weirdos who doesn’t ski, ride dirt or mountain bikes, or do anything vaguely exciting like that, but I love this drone’s photographic and video quality. After having flown DJI drones for a couple of years, I find it refreshing to spend more time shooting video and taking pictures than flying the drone!

Cheers,

Steve

The Skydio has very accurate color out of the camera. The images it produces at low heights are amazing and its my favorite for producing video when flying skimming over the river and below the trees. Its ability to detect obstacles early enough to create smooth video makes it an incredible tool. I purchased mine after being frustrated by my DJI Air 2S's avoidance. Air 2S doesn't crash but produces no usable footage in tight spaces, getting stuck almost every time.

If they had built in better antennas the Skydio would be the perfect drone. In my area the trees and terrain limit my signal to about 1200 feet and that is with an added Alientech DUO antenna.... previously I was getting about 800 feet. This means I still have to use a DJI drone to capture the shots that I want at greater distances.

Welcome to the forum...... from another new guy.

Welcome to the forum 👍

The Skydio has very accurate color out of the camera. The images it produces at low heights are amazing and its my favorite for producing video when flying skimming over the river and below the trees. Its ability to detect obstacles early enough to create smooth video makes it an incredible tool. I purchased mine after being frustrated by my DJI Air 2S's avoidance. Air 2S doesn't crash but produces no usable footage in tight spaces, getting stuck almost every time.

If they had built in better antennas the Skydio would be the perfect drone. In my area the trees and terrain limit my signal to about 1200 feet and that is with an added Alientech DUO antenna.... previously I was getting about 800 feet. This means I still have to use a DJI drone to capture the shots that I want at greater distances.

Welcome to the forum...... from another new guy.
Thanks for the welcome! I was getting seriously unhappy with the lack of free/low-cost “enterprise-type” controls for S2 until it occurred to me that I could use DroneDeploy to plan my flights and just not use their expensive plans for processing the photos into a map or pano. :) Now I find I can pre-plan flights, enjoy the great collision avoidance, and spend about half the time setting up that I did with Mavic Pro I used to own.

Reactions: Saladshooter
Howdy from Colorado. I thought I joined this site prior to getting my S2 in February of 2020, but apparently not! Anyway, I’ve been flying the little fellow for over a year and I’m still impressed with it. I am one of those weirdos who doesn’t ski, ride dirt or mountain bikes, or do anything vaguely exciting like that, but I love this drone’s photographic and video quality. After having flown DJI drones for a couple of years, I find it refreshing to spend more time shooting video and taking pictures than flying the drone!

Cheers,

Steve
It’s about 50-50 for me! The Skydio is the follow me Drone and the Mavic Pro Zoom is the heavy lifter especially at Night! Congratulations and enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup