Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Thoughts on Skydio’s new January 4th “Update?”

everybody on the newsletter list received the email and it is the exact same animation that they posted on Instagram and Adam Bry on his Twitter - 'creative intelligence for mind-bending shots' is not something that sounds like it is going to be for enterprise users

oh snap! better wake up my US contact, it's going to be an expensive night haha

Maybe we'll get a trade in offer? Fingers crossed.

Maybe we'll get a trade in offer? Fingers crossed.
I wouldn't bank on that.... there aren't enough differences between the Skydio 2 & the 2+. The antennas and improved signal are still a compromise that falls behind DJI, Autel and even some of the lesser makers. The transmission improvements are only in the 5ghz band not in the entire system and they placed the new antennas in the only viable place available on the Skydio 2, not necessarily the optimum location. I love my Skydio but early on added an Alientech antenna to overcome some of the limitations.

I am excited about trying out the Keyframe function as I am more into filmmaking than tracking. Skydio should continue to build features such as these into the software so they can be a competitor as a camera drone, not just for obstacle avoidance and tracking.

I just checked for an update, but not yet. I haven't powered up my S2, so I don't know if their is software yet to update the drone itself.

Just ordered, wondering about when this will actually ship. This is exactly some of the innovation and changes I was hoping to see from Skydio. It is so great to have an alternative to DJI!!

New batteries for the longer flight time and a new V2 Beacon for better range are in the Skydio store.

Reactions: TonyPHX

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayrrr