Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Trouble connecting Skydio2, controller, and app

Jafemu

Reaction score
I have had my Skydio2, controller, and beacon for about 8 days. My first flight was with the controller about a week ago and everything worked flawlessly. Now I cannot get the drone, controller, and app ( IOS ) to link up and work together. The app alone, and the app and beacon work together as it should be. But now I will link the controller to the drone ( solid blue light on the controller), then I attempt to plug in the phone to the controller and it says “ ready to fly “ for about 5 seconds then begins a search again for the drone.........which fails and finally reads “Connecting ERROR: UNREACHABLE. Can you offer me any help?

leenanj

Reaction score
I have had my Skydio2, controller, and beacon for about 8 days. My first flight was with the controller about a week ago and everything worked flawlessly. Now I cannot get the drone, controller, and app ( IOS ) to link up and work together. The app alone, and the app and beacon work together as it should be. But now I will link the controller to the drone ( solid blue light on the controller), then I attempt to plug in the phone to the controller and it says “ ready to fly “ for about 5 seconds then begins a search again for the drone.........which fails and finally reads “Connecting ERROR: UNREACHABLE. Can you offer me any help?
I had same problem with my iPhone XR. I deleted app altogether and re downloaded and it started working.

Also go into wifi setup and delete all references to the Skydio. Sometimes when a new version of the app comes out it causes a problem.

Jafemu

Reaction score
Leenanj, thanks for your reply. Seems to be a headscratcher on this forum! I’ll try your solution. Thanks!

JEarl

Reaction score
I had a similar problem - the Skydio2 works great with the Beacon, but when I try and use the Beacon AND my phone, I get a "disconnected" message on the Beacon, even when trying to connect to the Beacon's wifi (rather than the Skydio's wifi) on my phone. I will try removing the Skydio software on my phone and re-installing.

Jafemu

Reaction score
I had a similar problem - the Skydio2 works great with the Beacon, but when I try and use the Beacon AND my phone, I get a "disconnected" message on the Beacon, even when trying to connect to the Beacon's wifi (rather than the Skydio's wifi) on my phone. I will try removing the Skydio software on my phone and re-installing.

I received a response from Skydio, which follows below. My problem has been with the controller and phone, not the beacon and phone, but here it is........ you might start with the WiFi turned OFF, and then let the beacon direct you to turn it on to connect. Weird I know.

From Andrew at Skydio. “ Can you try taking the Controller by itself and press and hold all 4 buttons on the controller for about 10-15 seconds. This should reset the pairing Information, once you have done that just use the C to C cable to reconnect the controller to the Skydio 2 and let me know if that solves the issue. Also, make sure that when you are connecting to the controller to turn off the wifi on the phone. Also, make sure that your Skydio 2 App is up to date. Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions. “ Maybe that same sequence of the phone WiFi off first will work with your beacon.

dash

Reaction score
I have found what Andrew says to work pretty good. Every time i have got a disconnected or searching message it was due to my Phone trying to connect directly to the SD2 Wifi. Using the procedure above it seems this limits the possibility to connect directly to the SD2 and forces the connection to the the controller or Beacon. I dont use just my phone ever so i actually dropped the wifi network of the SD2 from my phone (Android FWIW).

Reactions: skydioconvert

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
It sounds like your phone is connecting to the SD2s WiFi without prompting or any action by you. As a test I would turn off the connect automatically for that WiFi network.

Cicada

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. I resolved it by disconnecting the lightning cable, killed the app from multi-tasking. Disabled iPhone WiF. Do not re-open the app. Plug the lightning cable back in to phone. I then received the do you want to connect prompt and was good to go.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eric