Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Using Phone -- Learn to Fly Videos

csperry

Reaction score
Hi all:

My new toy has arrived and has been charged and is scheduled for the software update. I have bought the controller. I'm a "old guy" and using my phone to fly does not fit my stiff old fingers. Skydio recommends using the phone for your first flights even if you have the beacon or controller. In reading the manual further it is a set of "Learn to Fly" videos. 1) how are the videos? 2) Are they available on line somewhere? 3) How little can I fly the Skydio with the phone to get the videos? I'm the northeast of the US so we are having winter.. no snow but lots of wet rainy stuff. All input from you folks is appreciated. Not sure it matters but i'm an android user.

There are some things about flying the S2 that you only really learn about after you begin flying.

These two videos should give you some early idea about how to fly the S2 and what it can and can not do.

The videos concentrate on key points that are very nice to know.

View the entire videos... nice to know points come through out both videos.

P.S. Don't have my S2 yet but these videos have given me a good starting point to begin experimenting once mine arrives.

Reactions: Blue Bird
Also follow this series, part1 available now

You'll be surprised how easy it is to fly when you aren't worried about crashing. Just pay attention to their warnings regarding low light and objects under 1/2"

Hi all:

My new toy has arrived and has been charged and is scheduled for the software update. I have bought the controller. I'm a "old guy" and using my phone to fly does not fit my stiff old fingers. Skydio recommends using the phone for your first flights even if you have the beacon or controller. In reading the manual further it is a set of "Learn to Fly" videos. 1) how are the videos? 2) Are they available on line somewhere? 3) How little can I fly the Skydio with the phone to get the videos? I'm the northeast of the US so we are having winter.. no snow but lots of wet rainy stuff. All input from you folks is appreciated. Not sure it matters but i'm an android user.
Those intro phone flights only take a couple minutes and like Ride Freak said the stress of flying is when your worried about crashing and you don't have that worry with the Skdio. I would say have a friend, even a teenager come do the phone intro with you. Enjoy, it has amazing tracking and obstacle avoidance. Del

I made a video of the android skydio training file tutorial. Not much but I wanted to know so I'm sharing what it is. Sorry I'm in it LOL. I'm unable to upload a mp4 or mpg. So if some tells me how I will. Sorry

I made a video of the android skydio training file tutorial. Not much but I wanted to know so I'm sharing what it is. Sorry I'm in it LOL. I'm unable to upload a mp4 or mpg. So if some tells me how I will. Sorry

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup