Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

V240 Gimbal Issue

PBurton

Reaction score
On start up we begin the calibration and just at the end a message pops up V240 Gimbal Issue. No crashes, no near misses… Any thoughts?

ETdronehome

Reaction score
On start up we begin the calibration and just at the end a message pops up V240 Gimbal Issue. No crashes, no near misses… Any thoughts?
You likely have already done this but a search on this forum for V240 did not yield any hits. As far as I know Skydio has not published a listing of error codes and there definitions.

Other than the obvious questions like did you remove gimbal guard, with power off does the gimbal move smoothly etc. I think your best bet is to contact Skydio support.

PBurton

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I search the web for the error code and there were no replies specific to the v240. There was some mention of a 35 error code(?). The gimbal guard was off, the gimbal moved smoothly etc.

So my trouble shooting steps were to turn the drone off and turn it on again (a la the IT crowd). I did this four times. This brought no joy.

Then I disconnected the controller from the phone, closed the app. Powered everything down and then started up from zero and the gimbal error code disappeared during the calibration period. Perhaps I got lucky, perhaps the issue was resolved.

Regardless I've flown another handful of tasks and changed the batteries multiple times and the issue appears resolved... for now.

Reactions: ETdronehome

ETdronehome

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I search the web for the error code and there were no replies specific to the v240. There was some mention of a 35 error code(?). The gimbal guard was off, the gimbal moved smoothly etc.

So my trouble shooting steps were to turn the drone off and turn it on again (a la the IT crowd). I did this four times. This brought no joy.

Then I disconnected the controller from the phone, closed the app. Powered everything down and then started up from zero and the gimbal error code disappeared during the calibration period. Perhaps I got lucky, perhaps the issue was resolved.

Regardless I've flown another handful of tasks and changed the batteries multiple times and the issue appears resolved... for now.
Ahhhh the mystery’s of tech!! 😀

That reboot everything works for all kinds of things. If I could only figure out where my switch is I could feel like a 20yr old again!!

Happy to hear you got it sorted.

Airwolf

Reaction score
Yeah, I get this code periodically. I think it has something to do with the sequence of how you connect everything when you want to use the controller. It also seems random. I have received this code 4 times in the past 6 months with about 4 battery flights per month. What I find minimizes this is powering on the S2, then the phone, and then the controller and before the controller links to the S2 connect the controller and the phone with the cable. However, I have actually had the error code happen with this method too but only one of the 3 times.

Of course I have a few other issues I need help on too, like Jerky gimbal on mode switch, and the S2 not moving when the sun is low in the sky!

Last edited:
Reactions: ETdronehome

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebigdaddie