Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Very first dirtbike tracking filming day did not go as planned....

ChuckG997

Reaction score
About a month ago I was laid up after surgery, unable to ride, and looking for something to occupy my time and money, so naturally I bought a Skydio2+ ... Since receiving my Skydio it has been very rainy in Southern California and have been able to do a few test flights while hiking and off roading with my truck. This weekend was my first ride after the surgery so I was taking it easy and I thought I'd test some tracking. 2 minutes in, things took a turn and well, check out the video, it has a happy ending :D Hopefully will have some good riding footage up soon.

Reactions: BlueHeeler
About a month ago I was laid up after surgery, unable to ride, and looking for something to occupy my time and money, so naturally I bought a Skydio2+ ... Since receiving my Skydio it has been very rainy in Southern California and have been able to do a few test flights while hiking and off roading with my truck. This weekend was my first ride after the surgery so I was taking it easy and I thought I'd test some tracking. 2 minutes in, things took a turn and well, check out the video, it has a happy ending :D Hopefully will have some good riding footage up soon.

LOL !
I was laughing ( at your swearing 'cause that's exactly what I do ) and happy that you found the S2+.
All Good, can't wait to see the actual footage.

Reactions: ChuckG997
yes it will be interesting to see what happened with the drone video. in the meantime:

yes it will be interesting to see what happened with the drone video. in the meantime:

Thanks... I was also thinking about a ziptie for the battery but per Skydio support that is not recommended since it will affect flight... I suppose there is also an advantage to the vehicle being able to break free of the battery on a crash... mass dissipation and all. The way it sucks to get ejected from your bike in a crash, but would suck much worse if you were wearing a seatbelt.

Yup, the battery almost always breaks free in a crash. It's probably a good thing in many cases, you want the battery to detach when the drone impacts something, when it remains attached the drone is heavier, the increase in mass doesn't help the fragile things like the gimbal survive an impact. There's plenty of examples on here.

I put orange tape on my batteries. So far I have not had to search for one yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES