Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Video Editing -- What program

csperry

Reaction score
All:

So want to get a flavor for what everyone is using for video editing. I do use Photoshop and other Adobe products but feeling like premiere is the 800 pound gorilla for a fun hobby. Want more then IMovie and Windows Movie Maker. Want to spend my time flying but make fun short videos to post in YouTube and such. Let me know what you use and like.

Thanks

Craig

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
I switched my editing PC to a Mac last year just so I could run Final Cut Pro. I've used the Adobe premier pro up to about 3 years ago, then Sony Vegas Pro and I've tried a couple others. FCP has improved the quality of my videos noticeably. It takes some time when you initially load up the raw video for it to analyze the files and create aliases but once that's done, you're seeing and editing with HD video without the typical lags associated with editing 4K video at a decent picture quality. Compiling is quick, a 10min 4K video compiles in 20-25min. It's a powerful program but it takes a commitment if your not a Mac user. I'm not but my editing PC is a Mac.

Reactions: drrags

Jim_bo

Reaction score
I was looking for a program that was simple to use because I'm not an editing pro. Filmora9 send to fit that bill

Reactions: Hammertime

drrags

Reaction score
I oscillate between iMovie and DaVinci Resolve.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skydio_koto