Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Waiting, waiting and more waiting...

ngengs

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been patiently waiting for 4 months now and my batch won't ship till the beginning of December. Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing 2nd thoughts about getting the SD2. I am in and out of this thought because of the long wait. But when I see the great videos online, I can't wait to get my hands on it. Then I start thinking of the 2 more months of waiting and the $$$ cost of course... as of this writing, I WANT MY SD2. I might feel the opposite tomorrow. That's why I keep watching the videos.

Hi all, I've been patiently waiting for 4 months now and my batch won't ship till the beginning of December. Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing 2nd thoughts about getting the SD2. I am in and out of this thought because of the long wait. But when I see the great videos online, I can't wait to get my hands on it. Then I start thinking of the 2 more months of waiting and the $$$ cost of course... as of this writing, I WANT MY SD2. I might feel the opposite tomorrow. That's why I keep watching the videos.
The more people like you, the sooner others get their S2....?

The only time I have second thoughts is when I start thinking if a version 3 is around the corner. Something foldable maybe. I would hate to get this just to want that the next month.

6 months? Consider yourself lucky. I had to wait 11 months

Nope, no second thoughts. Waiting for backordered production to catch up is the new normal in this Covid world for lots of stuff.

Let’s face it, mucking around with drones requires lots of patience. Even when you get them in your hands you have to go slow in learning how to use them, and still be prepared to repair/replace them. Nature of the beast.....

Reactions: skydioconvert
Waiting for my used one. Probably will be at least two years before enough of them enter the market and make them affordable. At least the reading material here will provide the background needed in making the appropriate decision on what to buy.
Probably should change my user name to”hangingback”?

I waited 12 months to get mine. No regrets. I hesitated as others have said, maybe a Skydio3 or Mavic 3 would be announced as soon as I bought it. Then I looked at the prices of the used and new Skydios on Ebay. If you change your mind, even after flying it, you can likely sell it for more than you paid.

I can totally relate. I was in Batch 9??? I can't remember. I was supposed to get mine in like September. Then it got bumped because of COVID... then bumped again because they moved to a bigger warehouse. I was getting pretty annoyed as well.
But I have to say, I finally got my Skydio 2 with the Cinematography Upgrade... and I assure you that it is definately worth the wait!!! And I have only flown it a handful of times. Crazy to fly with just a phone. And the beacon and the controller make the drone so much better!!!
Hope you get your Skydio 2 soon!!!

I can totally relate. I was in Batch 9??? I can't remember. I was supposed to get mine in like September. Then it got bumped because of COVID... then bumped again because they moved to a bigger warehouse. I was getting pretty annoyed as well.
But I have to say, I finally got my Skydio 2 with the Cinematography Upgrade... and I assure you that it is definately worth the wait!!! And I have only flown it a handful of times. Crazy to fly with just a phone. And the beacon and the controller make the drone so much better!!!
Hope you get your Skydio 2 soon!!!
I just got an email saying my drone is ready for shipment. They give me 60 days to respond. Gonna reply asap!!!! Christmas is going to be early for me!

I just got an email saying my drone is ready for shipment. They give me 60 days to respond. Gonna reply asap!!!! Christmas is going to be early for me!
That's awesome!!! When I got the same email, I responded and ordered the extra items I wanted the same day. And like the days later it arrived via UPS!!!
ENJOY!!! Take this time to read the owners manuals online.

I finally pulled the trigger... completed my order! starter kit, remote controller, beacon, extra battery and RC cable. Hopefully in a week or two, it will be here (Hawaii) and I will be able to share some newbie vids. Yahoooooooo!!!

Reactions: BradinWA
Just got my email notification for completing my order next week? Ordered on July 5th. Looks like they are barreling through Batch 5

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup