Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

When will Panorama and KeyFrame Gimbal Roll be released?

Reaction score
Website
www.prescottrealestate.com
I can see you have read the other post on this by me.

Yeah, I'm a bit miffed as to why these features aren't available considering they are STILL advertising them. I'm wondering if they are only intended for ENTERPRISE versions. It's a bot frustrating. They haven't been this bad on updates and the teases before.

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised that the features don't arrive until sometime mid January.

It's a bit ridiculous.

Greetings everyone. This forum is not owned by and probably never viewed by anyone from Skydio. Although I too am anxious to see this update, may I suggest contacting Skydio directly?

Kind regards
GF

Greetings everyone. This forum is not owned by and probably never viewed by anyone from Skydio. Although I too am anxious to see this update, may I suggest contacting Skydio directly?

Kind regards
GF
I did that and their response was that they can't comment on future developments. I even asked why they are still advertising it, but they will not comment.

I did that and their response was that they can't comment on future developments. I even asked why they are still advertising it, but they will not comment.
Instructions on how to use keyFrame is on their site. I'm waiting for my controller to arrive before I even try flying my 2+

I contacted Skydio and the reply is shown below:

Skydio KeyFrame is available for FREE to all Skydio 2 and Skydio 2+ owners (just make sure you've downloaded the latest Skydio App and have updated your drone’s firmware).

Our goal when developing KeyFrame was to enable any pilot—no matter their skill level—to capture complex Hollywood-style camera moves that would be impossible any other way.

KeyFrame makes it possible for anyone to capture continuous choreographed shots with complex, cinematic, and smooth camera motion. The user defines a flight path by setting “key-frames” and our software creates a smooth spline between the points that can be flown repeatedly, with varying degrees of control, speed, and complexity.

Please review the How to Design Mind-Bending Shots w/ Skydio KeyFrame video on our YouTube channel for a guided walkthrough, including tips and tricks.

So, apparently, it is ready!

Skydio KeyFrame has been out for months, what we're waiting for is the Panorama and Gimbal Roll Update to that particular programming, as of today I am not seeing it. I have a scheduled phone meeting with Sales on Tuesday to discuss my getting into Enterprise, I plan on purchasing the Enterprise Software. I will bring up the subject on the Panorama thing, see if they bite.

Update 12/20/22 :
I had the call today with the Skydio Rep. to discuss the details on the Skydio Autonomous Enterprise software,
in which I am purchasing after the holidays. I did indeed near the end of the call asked about the KeyFrame Panorama and Gimbal Roll update, unfortunately the Rep was not at liberty to discuss anything on the matter, ............so there you have it, nobody is talking and the waiting shall continue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ridefreak
Skydio KeyFrame has been out for months, what we're waiting for is the Panorama and Gimbal Roll Update to that particular programming, as of today I am not seeing it. I have a scheduled phone meeting with Sales on Tuesday to discuss my getting into Enterprise, I plan on purchasing the Enterprise Software. I will bring up the subject on the Panorama thing, see if they bite.

Update 12/20/22 :
I had the call today with the Skydio Rep. to discuss the details on the Skydio Autonomous Enterprise software,
in which I am purchasing after the holidays. I did indeed near the end of the call asked about the KeyFrame Panorama and Gimbal Roll update, unfortunately the Rep was not at liberty to discuss anything on the matter, ............so there you have it, nobody is talking and the waiting shall continue.
Do you happen to know if the Skydio Autonomy features are all included with 3D Scan? I saw something from them that says 3D Scan is built on top of Skydio Autonomy, but couldn’t find anything that directly stated that (I didn’t want to assume).

I didn’t realize there was a gimbal roll feature on the way. I haven’t done much with Keyframe other than just messing around. That looks pretty interesting.

Do you happen to know if the Skydio Autonomy features are all included with 3D Scan? I saw something from them that says 3D Scan is built on top of Skydio Autonomy, but couldn’t find anything that directly stated that (I didn’t want to assume).

I didn’t realize there was a gimbal roll feature on the way. I haven’t done much with Keyframe other than just messing around. That looks pretty interesting.
IronPatriot :

The Enterprise Software is actually 2 main parts ( probably more ) as what was explained to me, the " Skydio Autonomy Enterprise " and the 3D Scan are two parts in the Software. I only wanted the autonomy part and not the 3D Scan, apparently Skydio will sell the whole package or parts of it which is awesome. The Autonomy Enterprise is 749. vs
both the Autonomy and 3D Scan for 1500. per year. I have no use for the 3D Scan at this point.

I want the ability to toggle the collision avoidance from off to max and everything in between . Also allows one to control the gimbal 180 degrees and I believe there is more precision flying as well.

If one were to add the Enterprise Software to their S2/S2+, call Support, give your information and they will forward it to the Sales Department, they will get back to you by email with a Representative's Name and Number and instructions to hook up with them by virtual conference meeting or simply by a phone call.

I hope this helps with your question and curiosity.

BlueHeeler

Reactions: Ridefreak
IronPatriot :

The Enterprise Software is actually 2 main parts ( probably more ) as what was explained to me, the " Skydio Autonomy Enterprise " and the 3D Scan are two parts in the Software. I only wanted the autonomy part and not the 3D Scan, apparently Skydio will sell the whole package or parts of it which is awesome. The Autonomy Enterprise is 749. vs
both the Autonomy and 3D Scan for 1500. per year. I have no use for the 3D Scan at this point.

I want the ability to toggle the collision avoidance from off to max and everything in between . Also allows one to control the gimbal 180 degrees and I believe there is more precision flying as well.

If one were to add the Enterprise Software to their S2/S2+, call Support, give your information and they will forward it to the Sales Department, they will get back to you by email with a Representative's Name and Number and instructions to hook up with them by virtual conference meeting or simply by a phone call.

I hope this helps with your question and curiosity.

BlueHeeler
Yes, this is very helpful. Thank you!

unfortunately the Rep was not at liberty to discuss anything on the matter, ............so there you have it, nobody is talking and the waiting shall continue.
Thanks for sharing this. I'm seeing their advertising in YouTube ads. I would hate to buy one for Christmas based on this advertising and find all the features advertised aren't available.

The Official Skydio Discord server is a good way to check for updates. According to a Skydio employee on there, “It's coming, but we ran into some last minute bugs that needed squashing. Working hard to get it out for everyone!”

Link to message for proof (this is a discord message link; if you don’t have an account, create one then click it and/or join the Official Skydio Discord server):

*** UPDATE ***

Skydio 2/2+ Release Notes​

January 10, 2023​

NEW

Panorama Skill​

Introducing Panorama, a new Flight Skill that allows you to take three different types of panoramic photos:

• Horizontal captures a 180° horizontal panorama, centered at the horizon.
  • Vertical captures a full 180° degree vertical panorama.
  • Spherical provides a full 360° degree equirectangular image. The final stitched output includes metadata which allows the image to be viewed in 360° interactive viewers.
Panorama Live Preview displays a low-resolution preview frame of your shot. Fly to your desired location and adjust the roll, pitch, yaw, and throttle to encompass the scene, then let Skydio capture the rest.

[Read More]

Reactions: kgilbertsen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup