Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Batch 1 people

My SD and extra battery are supposed to be delivered on Monday. No word on the beacon yet.

Got my beacon, controller, extra battery... still haven’t completed my order yet.

My order confirmation came at
Oct 1 at 6:22 PM
That was two hours after I put the hundred dollars down.
Have not gotten a completion e-mail yet. I complained when someone with a higher number than me got their completion a couple of weeks ago. They said this:
First, just to clarify, you haven't been skipped. Skydio 2 reservation order numbers are "batched" (see the FAQ for details) but beyond that first digit, they in no way indicate a sequence. We are sending out emails to invite the next people in line to complete their purchases and will continue to do so for each batch as drones come off our manufacturing line and are ready to ship out.

As you probably have heard, the demand for Skydio 2 has been off the charts. the good news is that your reservation order is definitely part of production batch 1. Shipments for batch 1 have already started, and we're getting these drones out the door as fast as we can - in the order reservations are received. Some other details on shipping:
  • All orders ship with UPS Ground delivery, signature required.
  • Once your order is ready to ship, you'll get that email we mentioned earlier, with instructions on how to pay the full balance of your order (you can also add Skydio accessories to your order at that time as well). Again, we can't set any expectations here, but you should see that email soon.
  • After that payment clears, your order ships and you'll receive an email with tracking information so you know when to expect it.
The demand for the product is much greater than what we had planned for, so it is going to take us some time to work our way through all of the orders. We realize this means a slightly longer wait for some folks. We appreciate the confidence you put in us by placing your reservation, and we are working hard to deliver. We think it's worth it, and so do the reviewers who have early access to Skydio 2.
Look for your email soon with directions on paying the remainder of your balance!
If you have any other questions, write back and we'll be happy to answer them. In the meantime, have a look at some of the content linked below - thanks again!
Best,
Dana
Skydio Support
Skydio 2 FAQ
Getting Started with Skydio 2
855-GOFLY02

I got my order acknowledgement on Oct 1 at 3:14 pm EST (12:14 PST)

I got a bunch of the accessories I ordered but not all on Monday.

I got the order completion for the drone on the same day.

My hard case shipped Tuesday.

I'm still waiting for the battery charger, tablet holder, Beacon, another battery and some spare props. No indication of when those will ship.

I have Skydio, 2 batteries, spare props, filters, and remote controller on it’s way(should be here this afternoon) Dual charger and beacon have still not shipped

I have a battery, controller and a beacon. Just got my order completion on Monday. We’ll see where the timeline goes from here...

I’m mentally drawing a line in the sand for myself that if I don’t get my order completion email by Friday, or if I do and the beacon or controller are not available to purchase at the same time I will cancel my order.

Maybe it was meant to be. And maybe I get lucky and see the Mavic 3 introduced when I get to CES in a couple weeks :)

Z

I’m mentally drawing a line in the sand for myself that if I don’t get my order completion email by Friday, or if I do and the beacon or controller are not available to purchase at the same time I will cancel my order.

Maybe it was meant to be. And maybe I get lucky and see the Mavic 3 introduced when I get to CES in a couple weeks :)

Z

Does DJI have a booth? I didn't check. They rarely introduce at CES but maybe with the competition talk, they might make an exception.

Z
I’ll take your order if you plan on canceling.

Does DJI have a booth? I didn't check. They rarely introduce at CES but maybe with the competition talk, they might make an exception.
At the risk of digressing from the thread topic...

They usually do have a pretty big one. You are right, I don’t think they’ve traditionally introduced entirely new drones-usually special versions of existing drones, their specialty products like Oslo type stuff, or accessories like the Smart Controller.

I’m sure it’s just wishful thinking because they normally like to have their big unveiling events separate from the crush of other products that are announced at CES; however, the initial Skydio 2 public interest may cause them to try to push out an announcement to squash the competition like they did with the Karma. They may think it’s a good opportunity to pressure folks to re-consider their Skydio pre-order knowing there is another Mavic on the horizon-even if they don’t spill all the beans. Similar to Skydio’s marketing strategy before they announced the Skydio 2. Skydio marketed that folks should wait to buy a drone because they had something revolutionary coming. That was true, but now they are having distribution issues that DJI may decide to try to capitalize on sooner than later.

But again, who knows...

Now back to the OP topic, I’m hoping that Skydio can successfully get these batch 1 orders out in the second timeframe they’ve given. They need to maintain trust and consumer confidence that they can meet their timelines. They need to continue to be transparent as they have been in the past, and they need to figure out how to meet demand before DJI puts the hammer down. I really want Skydio to succeed. They have a market disrupting product. They just need to get themselves organized to play with the big boys!

Z

Just received my Complete Your Order just after Noon PST. Went through the completion and will hopefully have it next week.

Reactions: Zandian
Cool.... I just got notified that my beacon will be arriving tomorrow.

Enjoy and watch out for bridge support cables! :)

I know right? Well I'm not the trusting type. I plan on flying this drone the same as the rest of them. I'm just happy to avoid compass issues.

Cool.... I just got notified that my beacon will be arriving tomorrow.

Lucky. I have no idea when that's gonna arrive but I'm not a tracking guy so I guess I don't care that much. I'm missing the battery charger more than anything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UpAboveVisuals