Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Best device (phone or tablet) for Skydio 2 ???

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Any particular "android" device recommended for use with the S2??

P.S. Already have an iOS device that I'll be experimenting with but am thinking of getting a dedicated "mid-priced" android phone to use with the S2.

bikerdave

Reaction score
The only problem I have with any of them, is brightness. Of course, I live in the AZ desert, where the sun never shines (IT ATTACKS!). Polarized sunglasses just make it worse.

To answer your question, though...the S2 app claims to be compatible with both Android and IOS. I'd think the choice of a device would have to be left to your personal preferences and flying conditions.

skydioconvert

Reaction score
My experience with screens out doors is much the same. Adding to the brightness problem is also the reflectivity problem which makes viewing outdoors bothersome at best,

At the moment I'm leaning toward a Samsung phone but that may change as I check out other devices.

richinAZ

Reaction score
Was hoping someone would try to integrate the Parrot Anafi FPV goggles with the S2 and then tell me how to do it. lol
i too live in AZ and getting my phone out of the sun would be very helpful. the goggles would also make a great second screen for anyone wanting to look over my shoulder or for training purposes for 1st Responders....i dont think the S2 is going to get the new Enterprise controller. im using the new iphone SE and ive had 2 app crashes in-flight since the last update but none before that. id say my wi-fi range is Poor as Skydio claims 3.5 km. The S2 Drone is known and acknowledged by Skydio to have antenna issues. this is MORE the problem than the Phone is here. The range at which i start to experience video break-up at 400' AGL is around 1,000 ft. / .3 km ! - trees and houses are a factor. The Drone does what i want it to from a Quality standpoint, i am amazed at the video output. Now forcing myself to use the Beacon more as that is where the Drone shines, minimal input. ive noticed a number of Pilots online that insist on using the app w/ the Beacon. The drone loads GPS info and gets flying faster for sure and may have more info available to it to help it get home as opposed to w/o the app. Probably a smart plan until you trust / learn the S2. i have a strong suspicion that those guys dont...

Last edited:

skydioconvert

Reaction score
My main objective is to get a newer Android phone to complement the iOS phone I'll be using with my S2.

Given that, any suitable Android phone will need to have at least the Nougat 7.0 or higher OS with at least 200MB of storage space.

I plan on going to even a higher Android version... most likely the Pie 9.0 OS.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveCJr