Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Small-ish Android Tablet?

DrKnome

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a small-ish Android tablet (bigger than a phone, but not so huge it imbalances the controller) that they have successfully used with the Skydio 2 controller?

Others may have seen my thread where my Samsung Tab A7 just won't talk to the controller, I'm looking for something of similar size, any brand. I have a Tab S3 but that is much too big. Any recommendations appreciated. I want a dedicated device to use with the Skydio (not my phone) but preferably with a somewhat larger screen, but also balancing the ergonomics of the controller (so not too big). All suggestions appreciated!

Gallion Adventures

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a small-ish Android tablet (bigger than a phone, but not so huge it imbalances the controller) that they have successfully used with the Skydio 2 controller?

Others may have seen my thread where my Samsung Tab A7 just won't talk to the controller, I'm looking for something of similar size, any brand. I have a Tab S3 but that is much too big. Any recommendations appreciated. I want a dedicated device to use with the Skydio (not my phone) but preferably with a somewhat larger screen, but also balancing the ergonomics of the controller (so not too big). All suggestions appreciated!
I have the TAB A and it works fine. I love the 8 inch screen

DrKnome

Reaction score
I have the TAB A and it works fine. I love the 8 inch screen
Can you clarify "Works?"

1. Do you have the Tab A7 Lite (model T220)

2. My problem is specifically when using it in coordination with the handheld controller. So you are saying you have it working fine when connected to the controller? If so I'd love to compare notes.

somewhereinusa

Reaction score
I also have a Tab A 8. Works great, not really unbalanced with my home made holder.

Attachments

• resize001.jpg
    resize001.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 5
  • resize002.jpg
    resize002.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 6
  • resize003.jpg
    resize003.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 5
  • resize004.jpg
    resize004.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: Waldo Pepper

JoeydDetroit

Reaction score
Samsung Tab A7 just won't talk to the controller

The real question is has Skydio tested ANY Android devices with USB-C with the controller?
They seem to be designed to be exclusively compatible with Apple products.

somewhereinusa

Reaction score
I spoke with Skydio about it when I had an Android phone that wouldn't work. The problem is that unlike Apple, every Android is not necessarily the same. There are so many different manufacturers that they couldn't possibly test them all. For instance my Kyocera Duraforce Pro works. I was going to use the previous model to fly with but, it wouldn't work. I bought a tablet specifically because it used USB C and it wouldn't work. Thats when I bought the TAB 8, Skydio support did say it would work.

JoeydDetroit

Reaction score
I spoke with Skydio about it when I had an Android phone that wouldn't work. The problem is that unlike Apple, every Android is not necessarily the same. There are so many different manufacturers that they couldn't possibly test them all. For instance my Kyocera Duraforce Pro works. I was going to use the previous model to fly with but, it wouldn't work. I bought a tablet specifically because it used USB C and it wouldn't work. That's when I bought the TAB 8, Skydio support did say it would work.
The U in USB means Universal. USB is s'pose to be an industry wide standard agreed upon by a body of engineers throughout industry.
If these Asian Cowboys wanna go off ranch and off script they need to maintain an industry accessible repository of all their deviant deviations so other manufacturers can make compatible devices and integrations with all of this hardship and suffering.

JoeydDetroit

Reaction score
The U in USB means Universal. USB is s'pose to be an industry wide standard agreed upon by a body of engineers throughout industry.
If these Asian Cowboys wanna go off ranch and off script they need to maintain an industry accessible repository of all their deviant deviations so other manufacturers can make compatible devices and integrations without all of this hardship and suffering.

somewhereinusa

Reaction score
It isn't the USB that's the problem, it's the Android. It's not the same in all devices. Little bits are different in each device.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebigdaddie