Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Tips For Flying Skydio 2 Indoors - Medium Size Rooms

00chives00

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I wanted to know if you all had any tips for indoor flying in smaller to medium size rooms? The room is plenty big enough but the ceiling has a high point of 12ft with some light fixtures that give it a height of 9ft in some areas. I have already test flew in the room once and everything seemed to work okay for the most part. The lighting was adequate and never got any warnings for that. Upon take off it did auto hover pretty high (like 7 feet.. too close for comfort in my book) and when I was flying it did jolt vertically for a second (I guess the sensors thought there was something underneath of the drone).

For the flight I won't be doing anything too crazy, just taking off and hovering at 4-5 feet and maybe moving horizontally back and forth a little bit with some yaw action along the way.

Are there any settings that could make this next flight more seamless? I know that you shouldn't be flying in small spaces but it handled it pretty good the first time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I wanted to know if you all had any tips for indoor flying in smaller to medium size rooms? The room is plenty big enough but the ceiling has a high point of 12ft with some light fixtures that give it a height of 9ft in some areas. I have already test flew in the room once and everything seemed to work okay for the most part. The lighting was adequate and never got any warnings for that. Upon take off it did auto hover pretty high (like 7 feet.. too close for comfort in my book) and when I was flying it did jolt vertically for a second (I guess the sensors thought there was something underneath of the drone).

For the flight I won't be doing anything too crazy, just taking off and hovering at 4-5 feet and maybe moving horizontally back and forth a little bit with some yaw action along the way.

Are there any settings that could make this next flight more seamless? I know that you shouldn't be flying in small spaces but it handled it pretty good the first time. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
My Skydio 2 wouldn’t even take off in my house and I have 8 foot ceilings, my other 3 Mavics would take off! I even flew my Mavic Mini thru a house and videoed every room upstairs and downstairs for a Real Estate office!

My Skydio 2 wouldn’t even take off in my house and I have 8 foot ceilings, my other 3 Mavics would take off! I even flew my Mavic Mini thru a house and videoed every room upstairs and downstairs for a Real Estate office!
This has changed a lot recently. 8 foot ceilings are fine and take offs only like 1 foot on each sidenow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup