Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Best Skydio video I've seen so far.

Kandomere

Reaction score
I think this drone is for the active, outdoorsy folks who are into mt bikes, snowboarding etc.. or anything with speed.

If you're going to just fly it like a DJI drone, photos, range test and the usual, get a DJI drone. Skydio 2 is not for you.

People are complaining about how this drone can't go further than a mile when it's designed to follow you (not from a mile away ) at close range.

But check what it can do here: especially at 1:17 and 1:20

It can fly up and down in between the narrow, over head cable car or tram wires without a remote controller.

It can fly up and down in between the narrow, over head cable car or tram wires without a remote controller.
It flies through those wires perfectly till it doesn't.

Localized AI Deep Learning doing things beyond what Anybody could ever do in manual control. :)

We all will have to go robotic as it's just so much better. The days of being offended about comparing humans to robots will eventually be over as offended would be replaced with complimented.

Last edited:
Localized AI Deep Learning doing things beyond what Anybody could ever do in manual control. :)

We all will have to go robotic as it's just so much better. The days of being offended about comparing humans to robots will eventually be over as offended would be replaced with complimented.
I think you totally missed the intent of the responses, they weren't about the drone flying itself better than a human could, AI or anything like that. It's about some irresponsible users doing what we all know would happen when this drone got into the hand of someone who hasn't thought about the liability or the responsibility a pilot should exercise when operating this drone. It's being flown in low light, in amoungst overhead wires, very specific actions that the done isn't designed to handle, it's also operating above city streets with other vehicles on the road, again specific situations where the drone isn't designed to operate. Most of us own this drone and are well aware of it's capabilities. Actions like the operator in that video are part of the reason this sport is under the brown spotlight.

Reactions: skcolb and parkgt
I think you totally missed the intent of the responses, they weren't about the drone flying itself better than a human could, AI or anything like that. It's about some irresponsible users doing what we all know would happen when this drone got into the hand of someone who hasn't thought about the liability or the responsibility a pilot should exercise when operating this drone. It's being flown in low light, in amoungst overhead wires, very specific actions that the done isn't designed to handle, it's also operating above city streets with other vehicles on the road, again specific situations where the drone isn't designed to operate. Most of us own this drone and are well aware of it's capabilities. Actions like the operator in that video are part of the reason this sport is under the brown spotlight.
Of course, but what we've witnessed in that video shows the power of tech done right. Imagine that kind of response time and accuracy in other areas of life. AI Deep Learning has just begun to hit the markets.

Manual > AI Assist > AI Control and it's not just going to be only in self-driving.

Reactions: Ridefreak
If what you say turns out to be true, I guess we'll just have to change the phrase "it was just human error" to "it was just AI error".

P.S. Where in the world is Sarah Connor when we really need her??? <GRIN>

I think this drone is for the active, outdoorsy folks who are into mt bikes, snowboarding etc.. or anything with speed.

If you're going to just fly it like a DJI drone, photos, range test and the usual, get a DJI drone. Skydio 2 is not for you.

People are complaining about how this drone can't go further than a mile when it's designed to follow you (not from a mile away ) at close range.

VERY nice. Are those "bikes" street legal? What is the "range" on them? How much do these cost?

VERY nice. Are those "bikes" street legal? What is the "range" on them? How much do these cost?
They are "scooters". My buddy rides a Zero 10x. 40 miles or so to a charge and up to 40 mph. His is a higher-end one at $1,700. He uses his to commute. He follows the laws and rules as a bicycle would. Apparently they're becoming quite popular.

Those scooters are cool, as a motorhead growing up I can appreciate what they've become. I could add "Back in my day" but it'd be lame.

Im on there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES