Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Can't fly higher than 10m?

AntDX316

Reaction score
I'm using the controller w/ no beacon. I think you can go higher w/ the beacon when I had it but it's weird how you can't fly higher than 10m? Requiring 3 things to make fly is pretty crazy but, if you are an adventurist you are doing many multiple requirements too so it's inherent with the activity.

Last edited:
You can definitely fly higher than 10m with the controller, are you talking about with the beacon?

You can definitely fly higher than 10m with the controller, are you talking about with the beacon?

I can't. 100% can't but it doesn't matter. If I want to fly high I use DJI drones. When I had the beacon attached I can fly higher but then I lose signal. I'm not sure why I couldn't fly high? I think it knows about a flight restriction so it capped the altitude w/o saying anything? This doesn't bother me too much as the fly autonomy is like no other. I flew higher w/ just the phone before but it took super long to get altitude. Maybe because I didn't lock on something first?

I can't. 100% can't but it doesn't matter. If I want to fly high I use DJI drones. When I had the beacon attached I can fly higher but then I lose signal. I'm not sure why I couldn't fly high? I think it knows about a flight restriction so it capped the altitude w/o saying anything? This doesn't bother me too much as the fly autonomy is like no other. I flew higher w/ just the phone before but it took super long to get altitude. Maybe because I didn't lock on something first?
I’m not aware of it having that functionality but I’ve had it not want to go up until I moved a bit horizontally, did you try flying 20 feet in any direction and then going up? Otherwise I’d call support.

I'm using the controller w/ no beacon. I think you can go higher w/ the beacon when I had it but it's weird how you can't fly higher than 10m? Requiring 3 things to make fly is pretty crazy but, if you are an adventurist you are doing many multiple requirements too so it's inherent with the activity.
Have you looked to make sure the drone hasn't locked on to you before you try to gain altitude. I don't fly allot with the controller but doesn't it default to locking on the subject with the spinning circle shortly after takeoff? When it's locked on then the alt is limited. When it's not locked on I've been able to fly it up pretty far, 100s of feet with the controller. I typically don't fly it too high, 2-300 ft. max. If it is locking on to you hitting the stop button should cancel it.

Reactions: Jim
Have you looked to make sure the drone hasn't locked on to you before you try to gain altitude. I don't fly allot with the controller but doesn't it default to locking on the subject with the spinning circle shortly after takeoff? When it's locked on then the alt is limited. When it's not locked on I've been able to fly it up pretty far, 100s of feet with the controller. I typically don't fly it too high, 2-300 ft. max. If it is locking on to you hitting the stop button should cancel it.
Am a little puzzled... if what you say is true, how could the S2 ever fly a dronie (that's several hundred feet high) while its locked on to you?

A drone is permitted in SW, I'm pretty sure that's different software-wise then when it locks onto the subject waiting for it to move. Easy enough to test out.

I don't have my S2 yet but until I get mine perhaps some one who has one could check out your theory...

There is some reason you can't fly higher but I wouldn't really want it to. If I want to go mega high I use a Mavic 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES