Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Controller and S8 Active power problem

AKnarrowback

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I have a brand new controller and used the supplied usb c to usb c wire to hook it up to my Samsung S8 active running version 9.

My problem I'm having is roughly 3 seconds after plugging the phone in to the controller the phone shuts off. I unplug from the controller but the phone will not turn on. The only way to get the phone to restart is to plug it into the wall charger where it goes through it's "dial count up" battery charge (65%) and then I can restart the phone normally.

I tried this 5 with the exact same results.

There was a label onthe backed the box that said (made for I-phone i-pad i-touch)

Any ideas?

Thanks

The phone won't turn on until you plug it into the wall?? How weird is that! Got another USB C to USB C cable to try?

Did you get the controller from Skydio? I didn't know they sold controllers separately and don't see that on their website.

If the controller was suppposed to be for iphone, why would they send just that cable? Doesn't it need to have a Lightning connector on one end and not both USB C? Something isn't adding up.

I could swear that Skydio sent me both a USB C/Lightning cable and a USB C/USB C cable when I got my cinema kit. What I was lacking is USB C to micro USB for my Samsung S6.

For what purpose are you plugging the controller into the tablet? The tablet connects through Wi-Fi.

My understanding is the USB C to USB C cable purpose is to pair the Beacon.

I don't think there is any communication over that cable or charging of the remote.

For what purpose are you plugging the controller into the tablet? The tablet connects through Wi-Fi.

My understanding is the USB C to USB C cable purpose is to pair the Beacon.

I don't think there is any communication over that cable or charging of the remote.
Not sure what you're sayin. When I use controller, the USB C cable is used to connect controller to phone/app. There is data for sure. Its also a charging cable when plugged into charger.

Reactions: AKnarrowback
I have run in to other scenarios where I had to plug that s8 active into it's charger to get it to reset/turn on.

John at Skydio has been very helpful in keeping a good line of communication going with me. It is a known problem with the Samsung S8s, but not all of them.

A headache for both parties involved.

The controller came with two cords, one for those vindictive, self centered, proprietary, greedy apple company i-phones and one for a much more useful samsung....... Just my opinion on that one.

Since I sent my first message my S8 failed and I already have an S9 replacement. The S9 seems to work just fine with the controller.

Thanks for all the replies.

NM I fly with the beacon and wasn't thinking about the controller.
Not sure what you're sayin. When I use controller, the USB C cable is used to connect controller to phone/app. There is data for sure. Its also a charging cable when plugged into charger.

NM I fly with the beacon and wasn't thinking about the controller.

BTW that's how I fly my Anafi with the controller but Parrot uses a full size USB on the controller.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup