Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Controller Stand, Cradle or Shield?

LeafPeeper

Reaction score
So have any of you 3D printer guys toyed with the idea of a controller kickstand or back shield? I prefer flying with phones rather than tablets, and one of the things that always bugs me about the 'phone on top' controllers is that they are always top heavy and want to roll over backwards when you put them down. In the case of the Skydio and Parrot controller, that puts all the pressure on the USB cable connector and port. I would love to be able to set it down to change drone batteries or whatever without it rolling over. I was thinking either a clip-on kickstand, cradle...or maybe even some sort of shield to protect the cable might be in order. Any thoughts or recommendations?

LP

Reactions: kgilbertsen
How about this 3d printed one?...... free on thingiverse. A quick search will get you there.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 9.04.27 PM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 9.04.27 PM.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 21
How about this 3d printed one?...... free on thingiverse. A quick search will get you there.
Interesting. I've been searching the web with no luck - and even on Thingiverse I had to search on Skycontroller to find it. - so thanks for the pointer. That looks like what I'm looking for. Given that I'm a newb to 3D printing and don't own a printer, can you provide any advice on how to get one printed?

LP

Interesting. I've been searching the web with no luck - and even on Thingiverse I had to search on Skycontroller to find it. - so thanks for the pointer. That looks like what I'm looking for. Given that I'm a newb to 3D printing and don't own a printer, can you provide any advice on how to get one printed?

LP
You just download the files and forward them to someone who has a 3d printer. Make sure the place that you send it to gives you a price before doing the work..... its usually based on size but prices vary greatly.

Using the Parrot / Skydio controller you will want one of these Power Blocks in my attachment if you are going to do any tablet flying and they are useful for phone flying as well. Its a little 3d printed piece that jams the power button so you don't have to fold the Skycontroller up to turn the power off. With a heavy tablet and certain tablet mounts its a must because it also keeps the controller from folding back up. Dirty J Designs.... $5.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 1.12.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-23 at 1.12.32 AM.png
    575.2 KB · Views: 7
You just download the files and forward them to someone who has a 3d printer. Make sure the place that you send it to gives you a price before doing the work..... its usually based on size but prices vary greatly.

Using the Parrot / Skydio controller you will want one of these Power Blocks in my attachment if you are going to do any tablet flying and they are useful for phone flying as well. Its a little 3d printed piece that jams the power button so you don't have to fold the Skycontroller up to turn the power off. With a heavy tablet and certain tablet mounts its a must because it also keeps the controller from folding back up. Dirty J Designs.... $5.
Thanks for the tip! I found someone to print me up a couple, and I ordered a power block as well. Thanks!

LP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup