Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

DJI Community is Absolutely Toxic

Hey folks,

I've a DJI Mini 3 Pro and unfortunately I bought into the DJI hype like many people do. At the end of the day, it's an Apple-esque product run by Apple-esque people who lock down every aspect of your drone's flying abilities, permissions to fly, etc. The DJI fanboys don't like to hear the negatives of this drone as it hurts their egos deeply.

My friend actually has a Skydio2 and it's made some fantastic videos with a certain ease that I can't seem to achieve with my Mini 3 Pro. He fusses a lot less over flights and seems to worry a lot less about what his drone will do.

The Mini 3 Pro is a toy for the glamour shot crowd in essence. That's about it. Yes it's light and quiet but so is my friend's SkyDio.

I'm now in the process of trying to sell it because of how crap the DJI community is and how crap the DJI support and service are. I'm now seriously considering purchasing a SkyDio 2 for mapping, 3D modeling, and more professional level work than just flying around a freaking castle all day and being pumped that I can post it on YouTube.

Any thoughts on the SkyDio 2 for my application?

As a owner of over 30 DJI , Yuneec ,Parrot ans Skydio for 7 years. I find the Skydio 2 the best in any OA situations and very easy to get up in the air. The issue you will have with mapping is you need good software like Pix which is exspensive. The SKydio software requires the enterprise licensing which is $$. If you are flying in any high risk environments Skydio is the best choice (unless you need heavy lift capabilities). If you capturing video or photos DJI are top notch.

I always grab my Skydio 2+ when flying in the unknown.
They are both great products just different markets.

Hey folks,

I've a DJI Mini 3 Pro and unfortunately I bought into the DJI hype like many people do. At the end of the day, it's an Apple-esque product run by Apple-esque people who lock down every aspect of your drone's flying abilities, permissions to fly, etc. The DJI fanboys don't like to hear the negatives of this drone as it hurts their egos deeply.

My friend actually has a Skydio2 and it's made some fantastic videos with a certain ease that I can't seem to achieve with my Mini 3 Pro. He fusses a lot less over flights and seems to worry a lot less about what his drone will do.

The Mini 3 Pro is a toy for the glamour shot crowd in essence. That's about it. Yes it's light and quiet but so is my friend's SkyDio.

I'm now in the process of trying to sell it because of how crap the DJI community is and how crap the DJI support and service are. I'm now seriously considering purchasing a SkyDio 2 for mapping, 3D modeling, and more professional level work than just flying around a freaking castle all day and being pumped that I can post it on YouTube.

Any thoughts on the SkyDio 2 for my application?
Some info for you from my experiences. So, I have dealt with Skydio many times round and round on the S2 and its malfunctions. Their emails are nice and sweet in the intro but their huge lack of care and customer service has made it to where I would never by a From them again. 4 malfunctions in which each on was a S2 malfunctions, Each prior to me sending a follow up Email that coincides with the uploaded flight log. Each wreck was already deamed not covered by warranty. Also at this time they offered premiere care which was $800 . You became priority, send you a new S2 before you could get your diagnosis of the cause of your wreck..
Waisted of money never got anything that care package stated. 3 wrecks took over a month to get them to finally admit it was a malfunctions on each while still blaming me . T
2 came in a empty box loose inside.
2 other things
1. 8 have dji drones and yes they can follow you not as well but I can turn off the obstacle avoidance and the footage is much more clear than the S2 . Due to the obastcle avoidance it is slightly jumpy at times concentrating on the avoiding not,footage. And the battery when it starts dying in it seems to loose some functions

2. On You Tube and the Skydio website you see the S2 following a jeep and then skiers , mountain bike through the trees or out in the ocean surfing. All the if you were to wreck would not be covered under warranty due to the fact that you are not supposed to follow cars on roads only open off road are and only fly around your vehicle.mnot supposed to fly over multiple persons, putting the S2 in a situation with thin branches. All these warranty will not be covered.

The dji mini 3 folds, longer batt life, phone view, cam can point up and zoom. There is also more after market parts.just somethings to think abouyt

My best all around Drone is my Mavic Zoom 2 but I use my Skydio 2 for things like weddings and follow me stuff! By the way, that Skydio 2?won’t fly at night or even dusk! With all the Drones I have (4), the Skydio 2 is the the one that I can’t trust to fly nowhere out of sight! I also heard that Skydio is getting out of the consumer market so I think that you had better hurry and get one if you can.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AirSpur98