Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Every flight is a connection struggle

frankbonatelli

Reaction score
Beacon to S2 - S2 to Beacon or Tablet/Phone - ohh wait soon Ill have one more piece to add to the mix with the midnight purchase of the controller, Whoop whoop!! What the heck is the actual procedure to get these three components to work together in a smooth headache free "Ready to fly" processes!

Last night i was mad at this whole thing and started fresh with everything stopping short of resetting drone as that seems to void warranty with Skydio. Followed the 3 different PDF manuals to the letter and still had struggles. Finally struck on a procedure that worked.

My new processes is
1) - Drone on
2) - Beacon on
3) - allow these to to connect (takes for ever and constantly waiting for GPS) when it says connect to phone I move to next step
4) - Connect tablet to beacon via the wifi usr name password on the back side of beacon. Wait for it..........................yup there it is!
5) - Ready to Fly!!

Had a pleasant eve flying through trees in and around my land.

Going to fire up the big KTM today and rip into the mountains for some off road adventures. Will report back on whether this is repeatable.

Don't wait until the sync gets done to connect the next device, you just want to make sure that device (tablet or phone) connects up to the beacon and not the drone, from there the sync goes quickly.

Don't wait until the sync gets done to connect the next device, you just want to make sure that device (tablet or phone) connects up to the beacon and not the drone, from there the sync goes quickly.
Well seems still drama after a day of KTM play I still had the struggle. So you say (and the app too for that matter) connect to beacon not drone. OK so my next question will be do I delet the Skydio wifi link from the app settings? Every time I connect i leave app off while the beacon connects to drone. If I turn app on it connects to sky instead of beacon. Worst yet it also forgets beacon log in data so that’s an added pleasure.

Well seems still drama after a day of KTM play I still had the struggle. So you say (and the app too for that matter) connect to beacon not drone. OK so my next question will be do I delet the Skydio wifi link from the app settings? Every time I connect i leave app off while the beacon connects to drone. If I turn app on it connects to sky instead of beacon. Worst yet it also forgets beacon log in data so that’s an added pleasure.
Sounds like your phone is automatically connecting to networks you're logged into before. That should be turned off for the Skydio and the Beacon. You don't want to delete the skydio (drone) from your networks because that's the connection you use when you fly from the app. Once you figure out how to disable that auto connect feature then you open your phone and go to network you'll see the Skydio and 10 or 20 seconds later the beacon will also show up. At that point you can choose the beacon. Conversely if you are going to fly with the app, you'd select the drone's wifi.

Reactions: richinAZ
Sounds like your phone is automatically connecting to networks you're logged into before. That should be turned off for the Skydio and the Beacon. You don't want to delete the skydio (drone) from your networks because that's the connection you use when you fly from the app. Once you figure out how to disable that auto connect feature then you open your phone and go to network you'll see the Skydio and 10 or 20 seconds later the beacon will also show up. At that point you can choose the beacon. Conversely if you are going to fly with the app, you'd select the drone's wifi.
Thanks man! got it now. thanks! Just received my controller and wow way way more fun for me now!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES