Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Fault V19 & V30

CapnEd

Reaction score
Has anyone seen Faults V19 & V30 flash alternatively during calibration? I was flying off a balcony (nothing but a 40 foot ravine below) and got some great aerial shots of the Oregon coast. As I was coming in for a case landing I got hit by a intense, momentary squall- heavy rain & crazy wind. I managed to bring it in but the wind caught the drone at the last second and the props hit the railing for a hard landing on the balcony. I’m thinking the gimbal is compromised even though there isn’t any apparent damage (except for two props). Based on the "Cautionary Tale" posted earlier, I'm dreading the idea of sending this in for repair.

• Sad
Reactions: richinAZ

skydioconvert

Reaction score
You're definitely at an important decision point.

Might be wise to contact Skydio help and ask for guidance before trying to fly again. I would NOT fly again while waiting for their response and would specifically ask them if another flight is permissible before trying to do so.

If you decide to fly again before sending it in for a repair, at a minimum be sure you're in a wide open area and that you've replaced ANY damaged props.

Last edited:
Reactions: richinAZ

TheJboss

Reaction score
Has anyone seen Faults V19 & V30 flash alternatively during calibration? I was flying off a balcony (nothing but a 40 foot ravine below) and got some great aerial shots of the Oregon coast. As I was coming in for a case landing I got hit by a intense, momentary squall- heavy rain & crazy wind. I managed to bring it in but the wind caught the drone at the last second and the props hit the railing for a hard landing on the balcony. I’m thinking the gimbal is compromised even though there isn’t any apparent damage (except for two props). Based on the "Cautionary Tale" posted earlier, I'm dreading the idea of sending this in for repair.
Hey @richinAZ , any updates on the V19 & V30 issues? Mine had an insignificant crash and I'm getting the same thing. I contacted Skydio and this was the response:.

"That being said, it's possible that your Skydio 2 is repairable. We'll need the drone sent back to our facility to evaluate it for repair. Repair evaluation costs $150 and requires the drone to be disassembled.

Once the damage is evaluated, we'll provide a quote for the repairs. This can range from $150 - $850 (if the vehicle is totaled, a refurbished unit can be purchased)."

So basically $150 just to look at the drone, then another $850 in repair costs, plus tax and shipping of course. YIKES!!! Great company there!

I have an electronics background, so if I can figure out the error codes, maybe I can fix it myself?

I already replaced it with a DJI Mavic Air 2 and absolutely loving it! Much smoother, company that honors the warranty and repairs are pre-paid with the purchase.

LMK what you find out, I'm $1300 into the Skydio 2 and it doesn't fly and Skydio wants me to pretty much repurchase the drone just to fix it.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoBZ00