Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Fault V19 & V30

CapnEd

Reaction score
Has anyone seen Faults V19 & V30 flash alternatively during calibration? I was flying off a balcony (nothing but a 40 foot ravine below) and got some great aerial shots of the Oregon coast. As I was coming in for a case landing I got hit by a intense, momentary squall- heavy rain & crazy wind. I managed to bring it in but the wind caught the drone at the last second and the props hit the railing for a hard landing on the balcony. I’m thinking the gimbal is compromised even though there isn’t any apparent damage (except for two props). Based on the "Cautionary Tale" posted earlier, I'm dreading the idea of sending this in for repair.

• Sad
Reactions: richinAZ
You're definitely at an important decision point.

Might be wise to contact Skydio help and ask for guidance before trying to fly again. I would NOT fly again while waiting for their response and would specifically ask them if another flight is permissible before trying to do so.

If you decide to fly again before sending it in for a repair, at a minimum be sure you're in a wide open area and that you've replaced ANY damaged props.

Last edited:
Reactions: richinAZ
Has anyone seen Faults V19 & V30 flash alternatively during calibration? I was flying off a balcony (nothing but a 40 foot ravine below) and got some great aerial shots of the Oregon coast. As I was coming in for a case landing I got hit by a intense, momentary squall- heavy rain & crazy wind. I managed to bring it in but the wind caught the drone at the last second and the props hit the railing for a hard landing on the balcony. I’m thinking the gimbal is compromised even though there isn’t any apparent damage (except for two props). Based on the "Cautionary Tale" posted earlier, I'm dreading the idea of sending this in for repair.
Hey @richinAZ , any updates on the V19 & V30 issues? Mine had an insignificant crash and I'm getting the same thing. I contacted Skydio and this was the response:.

"That being said, it's possible that your Skydio 2 is repairable. We'll need the drone sent back to our facility to evaluate it for repair. Repair evaluation costs $150 and requires the drone to be disassembled.

Once the damage is evaluated, we'll provide a quote for the repairs. This can range from $150 - $850 (if the vehicle is totaled, a refurbished unit can be purchased)."

So basically $150 just to look at the drone, then another $850 in repair costs, plus tax and shipping of course. YIKES!!! Great company there!

I have an electronics background, so if I can figure out the error codes, maybe I can fix it myself?

I already replaced it with a DJI Mavic Air 2 and absolutely loving it! Much smoother, company that honors the warranty and repairs are pre-paid with the purchase.

LMK what you find out, I'm $1300 into the Skydio 2 and it doesn't fly and Skydio wants me to pretty much repurchase the drone just to fix it.

Reactions: JoeydDetroit
Hey @richinAZ , any updates on the V19 & V30 issues? Mine had an insignificant crash and I'm getting the same thing. I contacted Skydio and this was the response:.

"That being said, it's possible that your Skydio 2 is repairable. We'll need the drone sent back to our facility to evaluate it for repair. Repair evaluation costs $150 and requires the drone to be disassembled.

Once the damage is evaluated, we'll provide a quote for the repairs. This can range from $150 - $850 (if the vehicle is totaled, a refurbished unit can be purchased)."

So basically $150 just to look at the drone, then another $850 in repair costs, plus tax and shipping of course. YIKES!!! Great company there!

I have an electronics background, so if I can figure out the error codes, maybe I can fix it myself?

I already replaced it with a DJI Mavic Air 2 and absolutely loving it! Much smoother, company that honors the warranty and repairs are pre-paid with the purchase.

LMK what you find out, I'm $1300 into the Skydio 2 and it doesn't fly and Skydio wants me to pretty much repurchase the drone just to fix it.
These drones are smart but they're not perfect by any means.

What actually happened?

Any video of the crash?

Hope the RESET worked. i saw those error codes (1 time) when i powered the drone up with the Gimbal lock still installed..DUH !! it took 2 resets for me to CLEAR. so, obviously the drone didnt see movement in the gimbal that it expected. im in electronics too and wouldnt dare open up a craft under warranty. highly suggest you send it back if reset doesnt work and let them tell you what they think. you can always dump it on ebay (saw one S2 and nothing else-"fly away" found ? ) or classified here for "parts" or a "rocking" deal for someone that wants an S2 and not wanting to pay full retail. ive READ "THAT" post....Send in the flight logs to Skydio. Make them watch the video. maybe they will honor the warranty if they see you were a victim in this scenario. Sorry i dont have more for you but i would make them tell me it was YOUR FAULT when you CLEARLY feel otherwise. maybe they will see something you didnt see or know something you couldnt have know (i.e. bug they are aware of)

Did you try factory reset the drone?
I listened to this post and I wish I would have never read it. What ever you do , do not reset the drone until you talked to support. I did this and I lost my flight data which now might end up invalidating my warranty.

Reactions: skydioconvert

Did you ever get a resolution to the problem?

I listened to this post and I wish I would have never read it. What ever you do , do not reset the drone until you talked to support. I did this and I lost my flight data which now might end up invalidating my warranty.
Well obviously if you drone crashed you send logs to skydio if you feel that it was not your fault.
If you have errors then you can rest the vehicle because that will in most cases fix the problem if there is no obvious mechanical damage.

Well obviously if you drone crashed you send logs to skydio if you feel that it was not your fault.
If you have errors then you can rest the vehicle because that will in most cases fix the problem if there is no obvious mechanical damage.
Yea. I am new to this stuff and was not aware of this. I copied all the files off of the memory card before I reset the drone but did not realize that the telemetry data is not on the memory card. Anyways I have a the movie that shows the crash that is cleary not my fault as the movie cleary shows that the drone flew toward the trees and than just crashed into the branches and landed in a bush after which it got the V19/ V 30 error. This drone seems very fragile as it did not even hit the ground and does not have a scratch on it but still managed to become a very expensive paper weight. I bought it so I would not have to worry about it crashing into things but obiously it is not as good as advertised.

Yea. I am new to this stuff and was not aware of this. I copied all the files off of the memory card before I reset the drone but did not realize that the telemetry data is not on the memory card. Anyways I have a the movie that shows the crash that is cleary not my fault as the movie cleary shows that the drone flew toward the trees and than just crashed into the branches and landed in a bush after which it got the V19/ V 30 error. This drone seems very fragile as it did not even hit the ground and does not have a scratch on it but still managed to become a very expensive paper weight. I bought it so I would not have to worry about it crashing into things but obiously it is not as good as advertised.
Any branch or wire under 1/2" would be your fault
Can you post the video what happened?

You were VERY wise to make a copy of the files on the card before trying to reformat it.

Skydio needs to do a better job of stressing what you've noted (in red) above though.

Hope things work out for you with Skydio.

*** UPDATE *** I sent my SD2 in for repair almost immediately after this post and they didn't find anything broken but it did set me back about $200 and it took me three weeks to get it back.

*** UPDATE *** I sent my SD2 in for repair almost immediately after this post and they didn't find anything broken but it did set me back about $200 and it took me three weeks to get it back.
Can you share any details about the crash?

What was the $200 charge for?

Can you share any details about the crash?

What was the $200 charge for?
I launched in overcast conditions on the Oregon Coast off a large balcony with no overhangs and plenty of space. I got some OK images of the ocean and then decided to return to the launch point. I was within about 30 feet and got hit by a massive squall- heavy rain and strongs winds. I managed with great difficulty to bring it back into the landing zone and then a gust slammed the drone onto the deck. I lost a prop and dinged two others. The SD2 didn't have a scratch on it elsewhere. I tried launching again when things dried out and got the V19 & V30 errors.

Skydio replaced the casing, props and "external parts" and cleaned it up (?- it was in perfect physical shape when I sent it in). It was not a gimbal issue (apparently) but I still have NO idea what those errors are.... Glad to have it back and reconditioned for $200.

Kudo's on keeping a cool head and bringing it back in some really bad weather.

Repair costs would seem to be mostly for labor (i.e. re-calibration and subsequent operational checkouts).

Skydio could have just as easily denied warranty coverage (i.e., pilot flying in questionable weather) but they instead chose to honor the claim anyway.

P.S. Maybe I'm too cautious but launching/recovering from a balcony is really asking for trouble. Turbulence near a building is way TOO unpredictable....

2 things to keep in mind;
1. Skydio is an American company and has to pay their employees a competitive wage to keep them coming to work everyday. S2 is an American made drone with American made parts, wich are considerably more costly that chines ones. (but it's a national security issue that American companies and America as a whole spit out Chinas **** and get the Chines boot off of our neck. so it may cost more but in terms of long term security and stability for the United States it's vital to avoid Chinese tech whenever possible and I commend Skydio for doing it.
2. DJI is a Chinese government owned company DJI stands for Da-Jiang Innovations, a Chinese technology company headquartered in Shenzhen, Guangdong China. Chines workers are basically slave workers who get no more than $10a month, live in community dormitories on factory grounds, a 5 foot wide by 10 foot long cement room with 2 employees per room, and a common bathroom at the end of the hall. Their lives suck so bad that they volunteer to work double shifts and even on their days off bc WTF else is there to do?

Their lives suck so bad that they have a problem with workers committing suicide all the time. Foxx Conn, the company that makes Apple products has installed anti suicide fences around the roof-lines of all their buildings, requiring workers to find new ways to kill themselves.
Everything made is these Chines slave labor factories is almost free to them, and then sell at comparatively astronomical American retail prices, DJI can afford to give away free replacements very easily.

Please keep in mind that not just drones, but EVERYTHING electronic and ALMOST everything you can possibly buy comes from Chinese slave labor factories and has the same back story.

It was a combination of corporate greed and tight fisted American consumers who want everything for as close to free as possible that got us here. Re-Americanizing the American economy will be painful but is absolutely necessary from a national security stand point as well as a market stability stand point.

China is our arch enemy. We shouldn't even be talking to them, let alone buying anything from them.
9/11, "the patriot act" and CV19 should have taught us all to get rid of that nonsense "that will never happen here" attitude. We are already very close to being at war with China, between them going after our allies in Asia, Them making poisoned dog food and selling it here for our dogs, them creating CV19 and now them cozying up with the Taliban among other grievances. How TF can you trust someone you have that many serious problems with?
All they have to do is stop all exports to the US and all our warehouses will be empty in a month and mass numbers of American people will die from not being able to get their Chinese made medicine and dying from malnutrition bc no food available. Our military and law enforcement will no longer be able to protect us because no more Chinese made electronics that they need. Our communications and electric utility infrastructure would collapse. 100% of our internet providers and services are made using all Chinese electronics. At least 1/2 of all electronics sold in America have Chines backdoors in them that phone home to China, including Chinese made IP cameras, routers, switches and all manner of network gear. America is about 30 years too late to be waking up to this Chinese threat to our very existence and still way too many people have that "That **** will never happen here" attitude. "That ****" has BEEN happening here for almost 30 years.

Trump tried to warn us but too many people hated him and so never tried to even listen to his message.
Pontius Pilot gave the people a choice between Jesus Christ and a know hardened criminal named Barabbas. The people made the wrong choice then too.

/end:rant

Reactions: MemphisDrew

My advice is to send it in, especially if under warranty still. Send them the logs and follow up with emails and phone calls. Customer service is a lot better now. I have also been seeing posts lately about the gimbal doing weird vertical movements. They may admit to something in a recent software update that could be giving you issues. If they want more than $150-200 maybe sell it on eBay or since Biden recently signed “right to repair”laws, Skydio is going to have to open up their ecosystem to DIYers pretty soon, you might be able to DIY it down the road. I hope they stand behind it for your brother. Good luck, be firm !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup