Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Firmware update failed- Drone blinking red- HELP

Trayloader

Reaction score
Hi fellow Skydio experts,

This mail comes form Germany, so please excused my spelling & grammar- guess I should´ve never have updated since all was AOK- anyway
today I got the new firmware available information.
Did all the necessary steps, firmware update progress bar slowly went to 100%, after waiting for some time it stated "firmware updated failed" and opted to "ABORT" to retry this again. After pressing the abortion option the drones LED swiftly went out and then came on RED BLINKING.
What can I do? Any way to reset the drone?

I can connect to the drone but whenever I try to re-install the firmware, the app says "Error code- 103".

thank You for your help

Reactions: AlexOnRoad
here are images

Attachments

• IMG_3655.PNG
    IMG_3655.PNG
    992 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3653.PNG
    IMG_3653.PNG
    951.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-01 um 16.41.15.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-01 um 16.41.15.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 8
@Lifeisfun
unfortunately that is not possible. Whenever I try to connect with the drone, the FW istaller tries to continue where it left, which is part III of the installation. Then it ends with the attached "ERROR Code- 103".

At this point we are lost. We could via another phone connect to the Drone but I will not
Reset.
unfortunately the support hotline is not available and will not answer emails.
any tips?

At this point we are lost. We could via another phone connect to the Drone but I will not
Reset.
unfortunately the support hotline is not available and will not answer emails.
any tips?
Try to delete and reinstall the app
Also if you power the drone on and off (I believe 6 times ) it should reset as well.

See this, perhaps it will help you as well

Reactions: Ridefreak
Hi @Lifeisfun
Thanks for staying on.
what I did so far:
Re-installed the app
Rebooted the Skydio without attached battery via cable 8 times. No change. Still red light.
re-installed the app. No change of behavior.

Hi @Lifeisfun
Thanks for staying on.
what I did so far:
Re-installed the app
Rebooted the Skydio without attached battery via cable 8 times. No change. Still red light.
re-installed the app. No change of behavior.
Well, sorry to hear that :(
Looks like you will have to wait patiently for support.

Here´s the update.
I finally succeeded. Reset the Skydio with the battery attached by booting/shutting down 7 times.
Then on the iPAD (iPhone wasn´t possible) downloaded and installed the app plus FW upgrade. Then connected to the drone and started the whole upgrade process again, which went through, then on part III suddenly the red lights went out, but it took another 10 minutes for the whole process to automatically complete. The process could be much more bullet proof if Skydio would properly describe the steps and what happens in combo with an LED color to each step, since I guess they can display every color. Also the process from having to switch devices to perform the upgrade is more than strange.

Anyway it worked and I´m a happy camper again, and hopefully my experiences can help others.

I’m in red blinking mode too.
Tried holding the power button until the blue battery lights illuminate and the red blinking on the body starts. Then releasing the button for a moment, then holding it down as the blue lights fade out. Repeat 7x times.

seems no different. Cannot connect via app.

on a dream vacation right now and the drone is bricked. Very sad :(

I’m in red blinking mode too.
Tried holding the power button until the blue battery lights illuminate and the red blinking on the body starts. Then releasing the button for a moment, then holding it down as the blue lights fade out. Repeat 7x times.

seems no different. Cannot connect via app.

on a dream vacation right now and the drone is bricked. Very sad :(
Wow, seems Skydio botched it this time. So it wasn´t me.

What You can try: either wipe the app and re-install or switch to another phone, maybe even Android version of Skydio app. Then retry the firmware update procedure.

Can You still connect to the drone?

me too, today I received firmware update, and finally my skydio 2 turn to red blinking, now brick my skydio2, I am waiting for skydio's reply, but up to now , there is no news from them

Attachments

• my skydio2 blinking red.jpg
    my skydio2 blinking red.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 7
me too, today I received firmware update, and finally my skydio 2 turn to red blinking, now brick my skydio2, I am waiting for skydio's reply, but up to now , there is no news from them
Can you still connect to the vehicle using the app?

Can you still connect to the vehicle using the app?
Fortunately, this morning I tried to reconnect my SD2 wifi, I try three to four times, still said incorrect password, but good luck succeed reconnected, then I immediately reinstall the new firmware received this morning ( for sure it is new version firmware ), finally succeed installed new firmware, now my SD2 back to normal, thank you.........

I bought new SD2 controller from ebay, but no cable in box, I tried to connect my new controller to my iphone with normal USB-C to lightning cable, but no show anything on software, can anyone tell me do I need to buy their custom cable from skydio, thank you.

I bought new SD2 controller from ebay, but no cable in box, I tried to connect my new controller to my iphone with normal USB-C to lightning cable, but no show anything on software, can anyone tell me do I need to buy their custom cable from skydio, thank you.
Cable is usually under the foam :)

Fortunately, this morning I tried to reconnect my SD2 wifi, I try three to four times, still said incorrect password, but good luck succeed reconnected, then I immediately reinstall the new firmware received this morning ( for sure it is new version firmware ), finally succeed installed new firmware, now my SD2 back to normal, thank you.........
Good for you!

I have only found the Skydio IOS cable to work between iPhone & controller..... nearly any android cable seems to work when connecting to an android device

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup