Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Is it worth repairing or Buy a New One

So... I finally crashed my Skydio 2. I was flying in Lake Havasu, AZ and it flew into a Ocotillo Plant with a branch smaller then 1/2".

I am wondering if its worth it to get the damaged unit repaired or just purchase a new one for 999.00 with the included battery, charger, case and props?

Let me know you thoughts, or experience and costs with the repair department if you crashed your Skydio 2.

Crash is on YouTube at

Thanks

Del
Hey Del; what did you end up deciding? Did you get a repair estimate? My S2 crashed last Friday after hitting a twig and got warranty denied. They want me to send it back for $150.00 to evaluate, and they also told me that it could cost me somewhere between $150 - $850 to repair. /<Rant (Don't understand the math, a new drone costs $999.00 and the repair costs $850? - so what is their profit margin on the $999 drone?) /Rant>

I broke the shell, two motors got toast, cost me $500. Only reason I didn't just buy a new one was I didn't want to wait for new one to come in as I had a road trip coming up I wanted to film. This was back last year when it was six months or more to get a new one.

It could just be placebo but it seems like my repaired one loses track and disconnects a lot more then it did before it got repaired. Right now I'm going back and forth with support as I've reported some instability issues and they are looking into problems with the vision system.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup