• No, current is alright

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

singular.droid

Reaction score
I got iPhone 11 (not 11 pro or max) as my main phone and it is also set in a rugged case. With case it is super hard to fit it inside the controller phone holder, however, this phone in case is too small for a tablet holder. the only solution I found is to take the phone out of the case, but this actually decreases the safety of the device and also takes a lot of time because the case is constructed to protect the phone and fit super-tight from every side.

Would you vote for the same?

I modified my controller by attaching a small plastic angle with VHB tape. This allows use of larger phones and even a 10.5" tablet.

Attachments

• IMG_2894.JPG
    IMG_2894.JPG
    327 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2899.JPG
    IMG_2899.JPG
    524 KB · Views: 48
Nice and clever, however after $1.5K+ in cash it is kind of... broken customer experience, isn't it?

THANK YOU! I've gotta make a trip to the hardware today. I think the best "modified phone holder" will be those plastic "cable tidying clips" that have the super strong 3M adhesive, and are used in offices to keep phone and power cords fastened FOREVER on desks and in offices. They're NON-METALIC and are slightly springy, with a curved edge to hold cables. They come in different sizes. The way the antenna arm (doubles as phone holder) pivots, they shouldn't get in the way of folding up the controller. SUPER SUGGESTION, and THANKS AGAIN!

I have an iPhone 12 pro max with a Apple silicone case. I’m able to fit it in the controller. Super tight fit, but it stays put.

I own a Parrot Anafi. The controller is similar.
Get the Official Parrot Skycontroller 3 Mounting Bracket for Tablet if you can get a hold of it.
It is the best solution I have tried and continue to use.

If you have access to a 3D printer I have also designed an adapter, the SC3 Clip.
The SC3 Clip adds a shoe mount to the Skycontroller 3.

Here's another which might be more useful for your need.

Last edited:
My 3M safety walk stealth mod to fit slightly larger or thicker devices
Antenna closes nicely
Hope it helpsIMG_20201219_1214251.jpgIMG_20201219_1215478.jpgIMG_20201219_1216001.jpgIMG_20201219_1218096.jpgIMG_20201219_1216329.jpg

I got iPhone 11 (not 11 pro or max) as my main phone and it is also set in a rugged case. With case it is super hard to fit it inside the controller phone holder, however, this phone in case is too small for a tablet holder. the only solution I found is to take the phone out of the case, but this actually decreases the safety of the device and also takes a lot of time because the case is constructed to protect the phone and fit super-tight from every side.

Would you vote for the same?
You can get a small attachment to solve the problem for now. I use this one:

I ordered one of these but haven't received it yet. Take a look.

Nice and clever, however after $1.5K+ in cash it is kind of... broken customer experience, isn't it?
Exactly. I have an S6 Android. I hesitate to use it in the controller cuz it just barely is hangin on in its Otterbox and I sure as heck am not going to remove it from the case every time I wanna fly. And for me its $2k.

DJI has skydio beat by MILES. Not only do the phones not fit in S2 controller, once they're in there the controller is way top heavy. On my Mavic Pro's controller, the phone is in the bottom (closest to me) and feels natural in the controller, never even noticed it...here, first thing I noticed is, it doesn't feel right.

Frankly, it seems to me the controller was an afterthought...and some cheapo that they reprogrammed.

EDIT - I will add, the S2 was not designed as a drone you actively fly, so likely why the controller aspect was an afterthought...and likely they took a cost minimizing tact. Understandable, but that doesn't mean I hafta like it.

Last edited:
I tried the Hanatora Smartphone Tablet Holder but it didn't really fit my Galaxy S10 in the Otterbox case. So I took an old holster ( I had it from warranty replacement on the otterbox) and mounted it to the clip on the Hanatora holder. The Otterbox holster allows the Galaxy to mount inward or outward. Perfection!!

FYI You can usually find ebay deals on used holsters to get as a spare.

Attachments

• drone 1.jpg
    drone 1.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 14
  • drone 2.jpg
    drone 2.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 15
  • drone 3.jpg
    drone 3.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 15
  • drone 4.jpg
    drone 4.jpg