Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Manually Tracking an Object

FliesDrones

Reaction score
I fell in love with this drone but I have now fallen in love with the DJI Mini 2 (I know, what a traitor).

I just learned you can do GPS waypoints on the map for Skydio 2, however... I can't figure out if there is a way to manually track a subject (ala DJI draw-a-box method).

Is anyone aware of anything like this? I needed to track some boats but had some serious issues getting a vehicle or person track on them (had to have someone be on the deck to track unto the person instead) and ended up just using the Mini 2. It feels kinda rough to carry two drones everywhere just to be able to get the shot (although I like the toys)

If you start your flight on the ground . On your smartphone you are presented with a screen where you can select a person to track. (blue + symbol)

Right but if it's just a boat with no people on it, I can't seem to get a good track from it.

I fell in love with this drone but I have now fallen in love with the DJI Mini 2 (I know, what a traitor).

I just learned you can do GPS waypoints on the map for Skydio 2, however... I can't figure out if there is a way to manually track a subject (ala DJI draw-a-box method).

Is anyone aware of anything like this? I needed to track some boats but had some serious issues getting a vehicle or person track on them (had to have someone be on the deck to track unto the person instead) and ended up just using the Mini 2. It feels kinda rough to carry two drones everywhere just to be able to get the shot (although I like the toys)
GPS waypoints? Are you talking about on the Enterprise app or did they secretly add a feature?

I think you can set a waypoint using the map feature, just tap and it should add it.

The app is full of surprises.

Offboard tracking, or tracking without GPS on the subject, can be an advantage or disadvantage. Parrot and Skydio have chosen to track subjects only with a valid GPS signal and optical recognition.

The obvious advantage is if you lose optical, like in the sun, behind a tree... GPS tracking is a safety net.

There has been a serious issues with DJI Active Track which relies only on optical allowing you to track a subject without a GPS device, however, the advantage is you can pick a subject at random and track it.

I'm sure SD has the technology to allow the S2 to track without a GPS device on the subject but they seem to error to the conservative approach.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup