Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

my first mountainbike ride with skydio2 on board...

Nice video Markus. Here's a tip that might help you. I find it hard not to look back to make sure the drone is still following. Often times if the drone is between you and the sun and the direction is fairly consistent you can check the drone's shadow on the ground nearby, I use it similarly with a motorcycle and it's caused me to run off the trail a few times when I turned my head to look back, using the drone's shadow when it's available means you won't have to do that. Plus placing the drone between you and a low angle sun is always preferable if you can still get the picture you want.

Nice video Markus. Here's a tip that might help you. I find it hard not to look back to make sure the drone is still following. Often times if the drone is between you and the sun and the direction is fairly consistent you can check the drone's shadow on the ground nearby, I use it similarly with a motorcycle and it's caused me to run off the trail a few times when I turned my head to look back, using the drone's shadow when it's available means you won't have to do that. Plus placing the drone between you and a low angle sun is always preferable if you can still get the picture you want.
thanks for your tip

that was my first road trip with the sykdio2. i think once you get used to the drone's capabilities, you don't always look back.

Further I would like to ride rather high alpine. there should be fewer trees ;-)

thanks for your tip

that was my first road trip with the sykdio2. i think once you get used to the drone's capabilities, you don't always look back.

Further I would like to ride rather high alpine. there should be fewer trees ;-)
Looking forward to some alpine video (y)

Looking forward to some alpine video (y)
as my daughter works for small bike manufacture here in switzerland (www.transalpes.ch) - we want to create a small (epic) bike video.
but at the moment we have a lot of snow in the alps. probably not before june :-(

So I still have a few days to practice and build confidence in the capabilities of skydio :)

Reactions: Ridefreak
nice video; hopefully you can start to trust the skydio. repeatedly looking back or looking up at the drone is very distracting for the video but i understand you said it's your first time. looking forward to your new content.

Nice vid. I used to do a lot of similar single track “before suspension” so you know how old I am!!! 😎

The quality of the vid from bike POV is amazing for a tiny camera like that. Gotta get one of those.
Have you tested its waterproof rating??

My only suggestion for what it’s worth is to always keep in mind to position the S2 for greatest chance of success. One of the sections of the vid has the S2 gain elevation for look down. I’m guessing it climbed to “avoid” the up slope on your right hand side, producing a very interesting angle in the vid.

Reactions: haveaniceday
Nice vid. I used to do a lot of similar single track “before suspension” so you know how old I am!!! 😎

The quality of the vid from bike POV is amazing for a tiny camera like that. Gotta get one of those.
Have you tested its waterproof rating??

My only suggestion for what it’s worth is to always keep in mind to position the S2 for greatest chance of success. One of the sections of the vid has the S2 gain elevation for look down. I’m guessing it climbed to “avoid” the up slope on your right hand side, producing a very interesting angle in the vid.
Thank you for your tip and feedback.
I am also already over 50, but have only been mountain biking for about 6 years.

As I know, the Insta360 Go2 is splashproof. But best you look at the web page of Insat360.

This little camera is perfect for small videos and photos. But it also has its limitations (memory, recording time, ...).

Reactions: ETdronehome
Thank you for your tip and feedback.
I am also already over 50, but have only been mountain biking for about 6 years.

As I know, the Insta360 Go2 is splashproof. But best you look at the web page of Insat360.

This little camera is perfect for small videos and photos. But it also has its limitations (memory, recording time, ...).
Thanks for the camera feedback. I looked at their detail and it claims “Waterproof” as that’s where I would use it . The other limitations need some more thought on my part though..😀

Lots of miles left in that 50+ engine!

Reactions: haveaniceday

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup