Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

My Skydio videos

There's still allot of open land in NM, it's slowly but surely going away though.

Here's another one of my moto videos, big bike version. With the two of us riding at speed together the drone occasionally would switch to tracking the other rider, I was able to test and practice rehoming the drone to the beacon holder, it works very well. Just push the blue button on the beacon and it will stop following the other person and return to following the beacon.

Cool vid Chris! Love the adjusting mid ride...didn't notice it till late in the vid...then I was like....umm hmm! GREAT idea!

I had my S2 up pretty high trying GPS tracking on a road...musta went too high cuz it lost me at one point. Wish we could get distance data on Beacon so we could see where its at in that regard.

Reactions: Ridefreak
Ridefreak.....Your video Moab-dead cow Trail rocks ! if i already didnt own a Skydio 2 id go buy one after seeing that ! Great job and content !

With Tron soundtrack even! Nice vid! Very little of our riding our in PNW is wide open. Mostly high alpine lots of trees so I haven't got to film a ton with Skydio but I've been super stoked on the results when I have.

Ridefreak.....Your video Moab-dead cow Trail rocks ! if i already didnt own a Skydio 2 id go buy one after seeing that ! Great job and content !
Thanks Rich. Dead Cow is one of my favorites, When I first got the SD2 that trail was this first one I thought of with the drone's avoidance. It was a real test for the SD2 which did amazingly well.

With Tron soundtrack even! Nice vid! Very little of our riding our in PNW is wide open. Mostly high alpine lots of trees so I haven't got to film a ton with Skydio but I've been super stoked on the results when I have.
We've got some of that in our mountains but they're all snowed in through the winter, if we're lucky we catch a break and ride the desert when it's cold. It's snowed again last night, I doubt I could ride that same area tomorrow. When it's moist, winter riding in the desert here is pretty nice.

Nice video, looks like you guys had fun with your bikes. If you 3ver get a chance ride Hartmans Rock recreation area near Gunnison Colorado, it is a blast.
Thanks, I've been there, its a very unique area and nice place to visit. We rode the CDT up there on DS bikes and visited it on the way to Lake city.

This is a scenic ride through a very pretty area of New Mexico, enjoy.

The beacon was beeping with high wind warnings almost the entire time it was up in the air, I was able to lower the altitude which pulled in more of the background into the video and allowed it to keep up sort of.

Last edited:
Reactions: VEGASROBBI
I did a mental health ride Sunday and brought the SD2 along. It's been too windy here to fly much recently.

Reactions: VEGASROBBI
Mental health:)

You know I worked in Hollywood in the 1980's. I worked on action movies like Rocketeer, Top Gun...

I remember the boom trucks with massive 3 axis camera's to get simple shots. It's amazing what the S2 can do, like having your own film crew.

This is a video from a ride this last Friday, the SD2 performed flawlessly for 5 batteries worth of flights and the OA was put to the test following me in a narrow slot canyon.

All flying was with the beacon and it was turned off between flights, after the 5th flight the beacon had 11% battery left.

The drone footage starts about 2 min in.

Note; this was shot in 4K but YT is taking their sweet time processing the full resolution.

Enjoy!

Reactions: skydioconvert
Where do you keep the beacon during these rides?

The feeling to always look back to verify the S2 is still there really ramps up the danger of spill.

I made a lanyard and it clips on to the strap for my backpack. It fits into a pocket on the strap but I leave it out hanging when the drone is flying.

I've found that filming a motorcycle the drone does best if it's following, the path is smoother and less reactionary unlike if it's in front of you filming backwards and you turn, then it has to rush to get back in position. It's out of sight most of the time so I look back allot more which will definitely screw you up when riding if you're not careful.

In the follow mode out in the desert all you really have to watch is the drone's battery, it follows flawlessly for miles.

I agree it’s easier for the drone to follow from the rear. I’m curious if you have experimented with ”fixed” vs “motion” track when following from the front?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup