Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Need help, not getting flight screen after connecting

Waldo Pepper

Reaction score
My Skydio 2+ arrived today, uploaded both app and firmware. Linked controller to Skydio 2+, somehow can’t get flight screen to show. Tried both iphone 11 and iPad, even with controller can’t seem to get flight screen.

Searched for this issue, can’t find anyone having the same problem. Controller does connect, and without controller using phone or iPad only it does connect. So it’s not the cable running between phone and controller, because just using the phone with no Controller still had no flight screen yet showed connection.

Starting to fill it’s a defective drone, pretty sure did everything right, long time drone user maybe I’m missing something.

Appreciate any help, Thanks!
Paul

Attachments

• 67A2C7CE-A394-4DFD-A7B3-FF384E120355.png
    67A2C7CE-A394-4DFD-A7B3-FF384E120355.png
    525 KB · Views: 7
  • D1021056-7A06-40FE-BDF0-D59C9817ACE3.png
    D1021056-7A06-40FE-BDF0-D59C9817ACE3.png
    347.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Were you trying to fly when it was too dark?
Never went outside, tried to connect from kitchen table plenty of light inside. Never occured through, I’ll add more light to kitchen room see if this helps.

Thank You,
Paul

Were you trying to fly when it was too dark?
Just tried again with more light in the kitchen, same as before no flight screen or access to control gimbal or other features.

Watched a couple of videos connecting Skydio 2 to controller, and connecting to phone only. I’m not getting the calibration feature as seen from videos, seems like its one step away from completing the startup. I’ll try again tomorrow, only outside see if that helps.

Thank you for reaching out,
Paul

I don't have mine yet, but I get the feeling it's very strict about conditions it will fly in.
Good luck tomorrow. Hope that's all it is.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I don't have mine yet, but I get the feeling it's very strict about conditions it will fly in.
Good luck tomorrow. Hope that's all it is.
Thank you, just deleted the app and reloaded again. Same, no flight screen and not getting the calibration feature as I see on videos. Tried to connect beacon this time as well, no go.

Hopefully, tomorrow outside is different. I’ll just contact Skydio get confirmation and send it back get a refund if this issue continues through Monday, Hope yours goes well without a hitch.

Thanks and good luck,
Paul

Reactions: mswlogo
My Skydio 2+ arrived today, uploaded both app and firmware. Linked controller to Skydio 2+, somehow can’t get flight screen to show. Tried both iphone 11 and iPad, even with controller can’t seem to get flight screen.

Searched for this issue, can’t find anyone having the same problem. Controller does connect, and without controller using phone or iPad only it does connect. So it’s not the cable running between phone and controller, because just using the phone with no Controller still had no flight screen yet showed connection.

Starting to fill it’s a defective drone, pretty sure did everything right, long time drone user maybe I’m missing something.

Appreciate any help, Thanks!
Paul

I had a similar screen before and I may be wrong but I just feel you are almost there.

Just click the "Customize Wifi" button but don't really do any changes.

It will complete the customization process and go to the control screen.

If it is too dark, it will show you "too dark" restriction information but not the "Customize Wifi" screen.

So, just click it and then skip the change.

Everything will be fine.

There is nothing special to connecting Skydio 2 with the phone.

It should be just a very simple process and no cable is required in the process but only a Wifi connection.

By the way, I notice that the cellular network is on. Have you ever tried to disconnect your LTE/Cellular Network?

Disconnect/disable all other networks then reconnect the aircraft's Wifi again with the App. It is worth a try and may be helpful.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I have a similar screen before and I may be wrong but I just feel you are almost there.

Just click the "Customize Wifi" button but don't really do any changes.

It will complete the customization process and go to the control screen.

If it is too dark, it will show you "too dark" restriction information but not the "Customize Wifi" screen.

So, just click it and then skip the change.

Everything will be fine.

There is nothing special to connecting Skydio 2 with the phone.

It should be just a very simple process and no cable is required in the process but only a Wifi connection.

By the way, I notice that the cellular network is on. Have you ever tried to disconnect your LTE/Cellular Network?

Disconnect all other networks then reconnect the aircraft's Wifi again with the App. It is worth a try and may be helpful.

Good luck.
Thank you, yes I have clicked on ”Customize WiFi” button, but it doesnt go into control screen. Instead, Goes to another screen “Check for update”.

I have disconnected the LTL/Cellilar network, still same issues. Same with phone only no controller, same problem.

I’ll try disconnecting all other networks, then reconnect the aircraft’s wifi With the app. I’ll try that in a few minutes.

Appreciate the help, hate to ship this back if it’s something I can figure out. Thanks again!

Attachments

• 7FFB179A-EB7D-4EA0-9671-077645F8F42C.png
    7FFB179A-EB7D-4EA0-9671-077645F8F42C.png
    345 KB · Views: 2
  • FCB76C88-A047-47B0-BBED-71E7C04BF196.png
    FCB76C88-A047-47B0-BBED-71E7C04BF196.png
    877 KB · Views: 2
Still couldn’t get it going with Airplane wif, disconnecting all else.

Ive never had a connection issue with any other model, This Skydio is something else.

Thanks for your help Sky Cyclist!

It seems not a normal issue to me now.

Your firmware version is already the up-to-date one and it should not popup and ask users to do update again.

It might be something error during the firmware update process. It might be.

Maybe you can do the factory reset.

Here is the procedure:

Take some screenshots and you may want to show Skydio's support rep later.
Thank you Sky Cyclists

I’ll try to conduct the reset, I think this may work. Then Start over after the reset.

I’ll give an update how this turns out, thanks very much!

It seems not a normal issue to me now.

Your firmware version is already the up-to-date one and it should not popup and ask users to do update again.

It might be something error during the firmware update process. It might be.

Maybe you can do the factory reset.

Here is the procedure:

It worked Sky Cyclist!

Followed the Reset instructions from the link you provided, After resetting both drone and phone, re-entering password etc, the calibration process took place as it should. Was unsafe to fly in this confined space, which is probably wise Skydio recognized this In which I wouldn’t have flown anyways. Gimbal isn’t working, so I assume that’s due to the confined space.

Will make my first Maiden Skydio 2+ flight tomorrow, looking very forward to the Skydio adventure.

Thanks so much for the help Sky Cyclist, and thank you mswlogo for reaching out as well 😊

Attachments

• 1EF3F8F7-1925-45E0-93C6-C99BB9A0AD31.jpeg
    1EF3F8F7-1925-45E0-93C6-C99BB9A0AD31.jpeg
    397.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
It worked Sky Cyclist!

Followed the Reset instructions from the link you provided, After resetting both drone and phone, re-entering password etc, the calibration process took place as it should. Was unsafe to fly in this confined space, which is probably wise Skydio recognized this In which I wouldn’t have flown anyways. Gimbal isn’t working, so I assume that’s due to the confined space.

Will make my first Maiden Skydio 2+ flight tomorrow, looking very forward to the Skydio adventure.

Thanks so much for the help Sky Cyclist, and thank you mswlogo for reaching out as well 😊

That's so great and thanks for the update.

Congratulations.

WOOT! And props to @Sky Cyclist for nailing it.

BTW just in case you aren't aware -- one reason the gimbal doesn't move is the red tab underneath it should be removed before flight.

Ray
Thank you Ray, yes indeed gimbal clip needs to be removed before flight.

Actually, Removed clip but probably due to the confined space didn’t allow drone to start up or have access to manuver gimbal. It’s almost daylight here, will try out in back yard here shortly.

Hopefully, all goes well and later in day will take out the Skydio 2 for its maiden voyage. Very excited, my first Skydio adventure experience 😊

All went well from backyard liftoff, climbed to 19ft elevation then brought her down for it’s maiden flight which will be later in the day out in the country.

What I found, Gimbal can only manuver once Skydio is in flight. Setting idle on launch pad, user can not manuver gimbal until lift off. I know skydio long time users already know this, I’m new to Skydio just want to pass this along with those like me new to Skydio.

Have a great Skydio day adventure gang!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup