Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New Firmware 7.0.27 now available February 10 2021

safe to update, any test flight on 7.0.27? please share

they are mentioned in the screenshot (buggies and overal flight performance)
kind of generic ...
Yeah... those aren’t release notes... they are words to quell the rabble.

I’m interested in line item fixes like:

“fixed an issue where a multi-rotor may inadvertently fly into a wall while in a hover”

Also, it’s not clear if this is just for the Skydio 2 or if it’s for all accessories as well. Easy enough to find out but a good practice to say what will need to be updated in order to gauge level of effort.

Last edited:
Reactions: funonfly and slydio
Yeah... those aren’t release notes... they are words to quell the rabble.

I’m interested in line item fixes like:

“fixed an issue where a multi-rotor may inadvertently fly into a wall while in a hover”

Also, it’s not clear if this is just for the Skydio 2 or if it’s for all accessories as well. Easy enough to find out but a good practice to say what will need to be updated in order to gauge level of effort.
The Beacon and Controller were also both updated for sure. The batteries I don't think so.

My very first flight was with the new firmware and a controller, the S2 flew with no issues but dirty camera warnings. I’ve been through countless updates through the years and have more confidence in them. But Skydio is new so it doesn’t hurt to be cautious, watching 1k fly off into the horizon would be painful.

managed to fly with the new firmware finally.
1st flight (beacon & app) - took off then app showed: V5 error, dirty camera/lens
landed and cleaned all lenses
relaunched and flew normally, my heartbeat returns to normal too....

I just did my first flight after the update. I hope it is not a coincidence but wow, using the controller the Skydio 2 flew very well. Stick mixing and everything worked far better than what I've experienced in the past and it felt very responsive. Fingers crossed this is not a sample-size-of-one error.

Reactions: Humboldt Mtn flyer
I flew 4 flights of 20 min each, winds were excessive, gusting well over 20mph. It did fine, the high wind warning was going off every couple min, and you can see the drone get gusted. I put it down against the height floor to get out of it as much as I could. No issues with the update.

Reactions: xigxag
All’s well with mine also still, I do seem to always get a dirty camera warning at least once every flight. I wipe the lens down and even try to acclimate my Drone to the outside temp. Still I get a warning every time ?‍♂️

I noticed the the charging indication of the beacon is now a lot better .
Before it was instantly going to 100% now I got a progress bar

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup