Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New Software - 19.0.50/19.0.42 (android)

Nothing yet on my Android, but I'm currently in Australia. Not sure if that is a factor...

I thought I had updated to latest and greatest, but obviously missed one here. Is the update available right now?

Its being rolled out in stages. Check the App Store for an update..... I got the Apple update last week and the Android yesterday. As soon as I updated the app, the aircraft update was available.

Reactions: haveaniceday
It is being rolled out but everyone is supposed to have it by April 5th. Check your App Store for an update. Don't wait for a notification.
I've been checking the app store, but will assume it'll be there by tomorrow sometime. As long as being in Australia's not the issue I'm fine with whenever it happens.

Had a frustrating time with the new Android firmware today. When using the Key Frames feature the Skydio App crashes if I hit the onscreen settings button on the right hand side. It would normally open a menu for a few extra settings to use with Key Frames.

The problem isn't present on my Apple device..... Could someone with Android test this to see if its a widespread bug and report back?

Make sure your RTH is set properly as it engages before the Skydio App can be fully relaunched.

Had a frustrating time with the new Android firmware today. When using the Key Frames feature the Skydio App crashes if I hit the onscreen settings button on the right hand side. It would normally open a menu for a few extra settings to use with Key Frames.

The problem isn't present on my Apple device..... Could someone with Android test this to see if its a widespread bug and report back?

Make sure your RTH is set properly as it engages before the Skydio App can be fully relaunched.

Did a short KeyFrame test today with android Tripltek 8. Did not encounter the Skydio app crash you mentioned while activating the onscreen setting button. Made several changes as a test, but all seemed fine. It was a short flight as had some typical TX Hill Country spring gusty winds. I use the SD2+ controller with the android and my iPhone. After I updated the iOS, did see a short update of the controller.

Reactions: Saladshooter
Did a short KeyFrame test today with android Tripltek 8. Did not encounter the Skydio app crash you mentioned while activating the onscreen setting button. Made several changes as a test, but all seemed fine. It was a short flight as had some typical TX Hill Country spring gusty winds. I use the SD2+ controller with the android and my iPhone. After I updated the iOS, did see a short update of the controller.
Thank you TipTop. Anyone else with Android that would like to help?..... you don't even have to enter any Key Frames. Just hover over your launch site, put the Skydio in Key Frame mode and hit the onscreen settings icon to the right that shows three miniature sliders. On my Skydio 2 the app crashes immediately and I have to restart.

Thank you TipTop. Anyone else with Android that would like to help?..... you don't even have to enter any Key Frames. Just hover over your launch site, put the Skydio in Key Frame mode and hit the onscreen settings icon to the right that shows three miniature sliders. On my Skydio 2 the app crashes immediately and I have to restart.
I just updated my app/drone, and will try to get a launch later today if I can get some shelter just inside the door of my big garage. Its real windy here (25-35 with gusts over 50) so its questionable if I can do it. Tomorrow similar, slightly lower winds. Friday much better and hopefully riding, but if you can wait that long I'll have a better chance of trying it.

Could this glitch be limited to SD2 and not the SD2+? I think we both are using iOS and android platforms, and updated the firmware with iOS first. Did you see a very short controller update after the iOS update?

I just updated my app/drone, and will try to get a launch later today if I can get some shelter just inside the door of my big garage. Its real windy here (25-35 with gusts over 50) so its questionable if I can do it. Tomorrow similar, slightly lower winds. Friday much better and hopefully riding, but if you can wait that long I'll have a better chance of trying it.
No hurry at all..... I just don't want to do too much troubleshooting until I find out if anyone else has the problem. I am using Tripltek 7 Pro with the Skydio 2. As I mentioned before, be careful because RTH happens before I can get the app open again after crashing so outdoors would be safer. I've got other drones to fly and can avoid using the Key Frames feature until I'm sure.

Could this glitch be limited to SD2 and not the SD2+? I think we both are using iOS and android platforms, and updated the firmware with iOS first. Did you see a very short controller update after the iOS update?
I didn't notice a controller update but its possible it happened while I wasn't looking. The Beacon needed to be updated independently.

No hurry at all..... I just don't want to do too much troubleshooting until I find out if anyone else has the problem. I am using Tripltek 7 Pro with the Skydio 2. As I mentioned before, be careful because RTH happens before I can get the app open again after crashing so outdoors would be safer. I've got other drones to fly and can avoid using the Key Frames feature until I'm sure.

I didn't notice a controller update but its possible it happened while I wasn't looking. The Beacon needed to be updated independently.
I flew mine on the lee side of my big garage...went to keyframe and pushed the button I have red arrow pointing at. Worked fine. I even added 1 keyframe...or I think I did. It was in the air in this mode for about 3 minutes and I piloted it around a little. I thought I was out of this mode....

Keyframe.jpg

So a question...how do you get out of this mode and select something else? I pressed the Red X, but that didn't do it. Pressed other stuff too...finally I just landed to kill it. I normally only use Motion track or Steering.

Before the flight, I plugged my controller into my app (which has the new update and so does S2) and I saw nothing indicating controller getting any sort of update. I didn't even take controller outside.

My beacon did get updated and I launched and steered S2 around with it a little (all in lee of garage, so only a few feet), but it seems to work. Never got it far from me to see how far away optical lock will work, but I usually prefer about 2 1/2 'steps' so I can get some decent scenery and not just me.

Google Pixel 4, with a new update to Android 12.

So a question...how do you get out of this mode and select something else? I pressed the Red X, but that didn't do it. Pressed other stuff too...finally I just landed to kill it. I normally only use Motion track or Steering.
First... thanks for doing this. That button is exactly the one that is crashing my app.

To get out of this mode, just hit the Key Frame button in the lower right corner and select a different skill like Manual or Motion Track.

Reactions: dmac1
I flew mine on the lee side of my big garage...went to keyframe and pushed the button I have red arrow pointing at. Worked fine. I even added 1 keyframe...or I think I did. It was in the air in this mode for about 3 minutes and I piloted it around a little. I thought I was out of this mode....

View attachment 801

Before the flight, I plugged my controller into my app (which has the new update and so does S2) and I saw nothing indicating controller getting any sort of update. I didn't even take controller outside.

My beacon did get updated and I launched and steered S2 around with it a little (all in lee of garage, so only a few feet), but it seems to work. Never got it far from me to see how far away optical lock will work, but I usually prefer about 2 1/2 'steps' so I can get some decent scenery and not just me.

Google Pixel 4, with a new update to Android 12.
The controller doesn't run software that requires updating, in this case it's a dumb device that's just passing the button/joystick info on to the app on the phone. It's also why you can't fly with just the controller.

Reactions: TonyPHX
I don't know if they did something or I am just getting lucky today, but following the new update my 2+ got all the way to my extreme limit of LOS. Here is a video screen grab of my tablet, and when I couldn't glimpse it anymore, I brought it back.

Reactions: Ridefreak
What I meant to say in the above post, was I got to extreme limit of my LOS and had zero pixellation in the display as you can see.

The controller doesn't run software that requires updating, in this case it's a dumb device that's just passing the button/joystick info on to the app on the phone. It's also why you can't fly with just the controller.
The controller gets some update though right? When I connected the controller directly to the drone via usb-c cable the controller did the flashing green light indicating a firmware update. I updated the controller and the beacon with this latest update.

What I meant to say in the above post, was I got to extreme limit of my LOS and had zero pixellation in the display as you can see.
Recently, I noticed the better pixellation as well. Especially in areas inference and obstacles that was a serious issue before, Better range too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES