Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New Software - 19.0.50/19.0.42 (android)

this is really bizarre; the third time this has happened to me. the very first flight immediately following a software update, just a few minutes into the first battery, the skydio goes berserk. a couple of tracking maneuvers and all of a sudden you hear the motors get worked up, the drone goes awry as if to fly away, and then it comes to a halt, hovering higher, and pointing elsewhere but no longer tracking. i go back to the drone, land it. powercycle, all is good. i was prepared for this, in a nice wide open area, and sure enough.....strange.

spend a full battery trying to quick launch hand launch before i gave up and came home when it got dark. can't tell you how many way there are to 4-tap a battery switch i tried. quickly found out first you have to toggle a switch in the menu to enable.

this is really bizarre; the third time this has happened to me. the very first flight immediately following a software update, just a few minutes into the first battery, the skydio goes berserk. a couple of tracking maneuvers and all of a sudden you hear the motors get worked up, the drone goes awry as if to fly away, and then it comes to a halt, hovering higher, and pointing elsewhere but no longer tracking. i go back to the drone, land it. powercycle, all is good. i was prepared for this, in a nice wide open area, and sure enough.....strange.

spend a full battery trying to quick launch hand launch before i gave up and came home when it got dark. can't tell you how many way there are to 4-tap a battery switch i tried. quickly found out first you have to toggle a switch in the menu to enable.
Very strange for sure. I'm going on a 4 day fly fishing trip today to CO and was going to take the drone along but am going to leave it behind.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

I haven't tried the quick launch feature but I hand launch every flight, I'm not sure why they felt they needed a special feature for that since it's super easy w/o a "feature". Where I fly it's usually sandy so I don't want to take off or land to/from the ground.

If you care to explore the old way just have your phone in one hand open to the apps main screen, drone in the other hand and hold the launch button on the phone and wait for the motors to pull the drone out of your hand. You may already launch that way but if not, that's all that's needed, it's really simple. I always hand recover also, last few flights I've been practicing remaining sitting on the motorcycle when I recover the drone. I stop the drone above where I want to land, ride up underneth it and hold out my hand and tell it to land. That's also been pretty easy to accomplish, best to start with the drone hoovering about 40' up for that one though.

Good move on landing and rebooting everything, that probably saved you allot of trouble had you decided to continue. I don't think it will recover from a GPS freakout w/o a reboot.

I haven't tried the quick launch feature but I hand launch every flight, I'm not sure why they felt they needed a special feature for that since it's super easy w/o a "feature". Where I fly it's usually sandy so I don't want to take off or land to/from the ground.

If you care to explore the old way just have your phone in one hand open to the apps main screen, drone in the other hand and hold the launch button on the phone and wait for the motors to pull the drone out of your hand. You may already launch that way but if not, that's all that's needed, it's really simple. I always hand recover also, last few flights I've been practicing remaining sitting on the motorcycle when I recover the drone. I stop the drone above where I want to land, ride up underneth it and hold out my hand and tell it to land. That's also been pretty easy to accomplish, best to start with the drone hoovering about 40' up for that one though.

Good move on landing and rebooting everything, that probably saved you allot of trouble had you decided to continue. I don't think it will recover from a GPS freakout w/o a reboot.
i always hand launch but never hand land....but now i will practice; thanks for the tip.

Reactions: Ridefreak

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UpAboveVisuals