Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New update today! Both 2 and 2+.

Any ideas as to what 15.11.33 updates were for ? I took both of my drones out for a spin today ( sunny and 50* )
and decided to update them before the flights, I did not see anything different since the KeyFrame updates.

Reactions: TonyPHX
Any ideas as to what 15.11.33 updates were for ? I took both of my drones out for a spin today ( sunny and 50* )
and decided to update them before the flights, I did not see anything different since the KeyFrame updates.
Well, the release notes seemed to be copying the DJI style - they just said "bug fixes" but no detail on what actual bugs were squashed.

Full disclosure, I did not yet go to the Skydio website to hunt down if they posted more detail there or not.

Reactions: sshogg
Well, the release notes seemed to be copying the DJI style - they just said "bug fixes" but no detail on what actual bugs were squashed.

Full disclosure, I did not yet go to the Skydio website to hunt down if they posted more detail there or not.

I hope at least they are fixes and not the opposite, Microsoft is famous for that, LOL !

Reactions: TonyPHX
One bug I seen on a recent flight, On return from a good distance elevation kept dropping and couldn’t raise elevation. Kept slowly dropping, finally made it back to launch area with about 30 ft elevation. Was sweating bullets, luckily hasn’t happened again.

I’ll do the upgrade tomorrow, see if that helps.

One bug I seen on a recent flight, On return from a good distance elevation kept dropping and couldn’t raise elevation. Kept slowly dropping, finally made it back to launch area with about 30 ft elevation. Was sweating bullets, luckily hasn’t happened again.

I’ll do the upgrade tomorrow, see if that helps.
One common reason for the altitude drop is accidentally holding the right paddle down on the controller.... I do it all the time. It acts as a physical zoom for the Skydio and moves closer to the subject. Unfortunately sometimes that subject is the ground.

One common reason for the altitude drop is accidentally holding the right paddle down on the controller.... I do it all the time. It acts as a physical zoom for the Skydio and moves closer to the subject. Unfortunately sometimes that subject is the ground.
Thinking back, yes I remember pressing right paddle down to increase speed that’s when I noticed Skydio 2+ was actually losing altitude. Today, after completing the update tried using the right paddle again and just like you shared it did create skydio to start loosing altitude on its return flight. That was it, thanks now I know to be careful using right paddle.

Appreciate the help Saladshooter!
Paul

Also, there is another forum for Skydio interested topics? This is the only one I found.
That happened to me after doing the update, with beacon, controller after updating drone. Wouldn’t connect after update, so I connected controller to Skydio again to update controller but it showed updates was completed by the controller light. Then tried again, this time controller connected with Skydio 2+.

I don’t know if reconnecting controller to Skydio again fixed the problem, or maybe a series of shutting down Skydio 2+ and controller for a short period fixed the disconnect problem? Whatever it was, all is well again.

Paul

Thinking back, yes I remember pressing right paddle down to increase speed that’s when I noticed Skydio 2+ was actually losing altitude. Today, after completing the update tried using the right paddle again and just like you shared it did create skydio to start loosing altitude on its return flight. That was it, thanks now I know to be careful using right paddle.

Appreciate the help Saladshooter!
Paul
Remember.... the left button will make the Skydio go much faster, but there is no fine control.

Remember.... the left button will make the Skydio go much faster, but there is no fine control.
I think the fine control can be managed through the flight sensitivity - custom in the app. The left button maxes out all those values as long as you hold it down.

388372B7-3490-43BA-96E3-36869603CED4.jpeg

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I used Keyframes today after updating and found that the path was much more accurate. I am not able to tell yet if its truly fixed or I got lucky on this flight
Same here, created a new keyframe path in an area with trees and bushes, seemed very smooth both directions.

Encouraging me to create more, terrific Skydio feature using keyframe.

Paul

It was a brand new one.... so hard to compare exactly. But I have been testing since Keyframes was released and every flight has been wild and scary up to now.
Wild and scary is the fun of keyframes! : ) But seriously - I hear ya. On one of my earliest attempts with keyframes the drone looked at me like it was considering going through me before it leapt over my shoulder. I am lucky I have me ears still. But the footage? **** - great video!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup