Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New update today! Both 2 and 2+.

Looks like it's time to squash some bugs and load up the new stuff! I opened the Skydio app today and found both of my drones needed the update to 15.11.33. Went in no problem on the 2+.
Can we Fly at Night now? I fly at Night all the Time with my other Drones! I don’t need no stinking sensors to Fly! 🤪

Before the update, whenever I removed SD card to upload pictures and videos to my iPad, transferEd over to iPad smoothly. Then, deleted all pics video before placing SD card back into Skydio.

The problem was, after placing SD card back into Skydio SD slot Skydio wouldn’t let me start up, showing SD error of some sort. Had to go into the app and rearrange SD card something to that matter. Then, all was well went through the normal monitions starting up normally.

Now, I’m afraid to remove SD card to upload pic/videos to my iPad. Maybe this recent update fixed this issue, guess I’ll need to remove card to find out.

Anyone else have this SD card issue when removing, placing back inside Skydio SD slot?

Before the update, whenever I removed SD card to upload pictures and videos to my iPad, transferEd over to iPad smoothly. Then, deleted all pics video before placing SD card back into Skydio.

The problem was, after placing SD card back into Skydio SD slot Skydio wouldn’t let me start up, showing SD error of some sort. Had to go into the app and rearrange SD card something to that matter. Then, all was well went through the normal monitions starting up normally.

Now, I’m afraid to remove SD card to upload pic/videos to my iPad. Maybe this recent update fixed this issue, guess I’ll need to remove card to find out.

Anyone else have this SD card issue when removing, placing back inside Skydio SD slot?

Sounds like you're needing to format the card in the drone after every encounter with the iPad. I always do that anyway, after removing the card to connect to my PC for uploading the data.

Can we Fly at Night now? I fly at Night all the Time with my other Drones! I don’t need no stinking sensors to Fly! 🤪
No night flying ... can't turn off the sensors so night flying is off the table for now.

Are you using a iPhone as a Monitor? Just download the Videos and Photos to your iPad by Airdrop! I do it all the Time!

For those of you in Europe, this update may be our salvation. They are now trying to figure out how to deploy it to us. Am in contact with support & the CEO. I'll update you as I know more.

Our latest software update (15.11.33), released on February 10th, resolves the known issue that made Skydio 2+ unable to fly in certain regions outside of the US and Canada. Our engineers are investigating possible solutions for users who are outside of the approved regions and are unable to connect to apply the latest update, but cannot guarantee a resolution at this time.

Sounds like you're needing to format the card in the drone after every encounter with the iPad. I always do that anyway, after removing the card to connect to my PC for uploading the data.
Thank you Trailryder,

That makes sense, somehow SD card needs to be formatted after deleting due to the iPad. I’ll try and experiment with other picture/video uploading options. Maybe I can do it directly from app to phone or iPad and delete directly from app, couple of other drones I use have that option and it doesn’t interfere needing to format the SD card.

Appreciate the help 😊

Are you using a iPhone as a Monitor? Just download the Videos and Photos to your iPad by Airdrop! I do it all the Time!
Thanks CrazyReggie,

I’ll experiment with that, using airdrop. im using the TripTek 8” Pro to fly with, at present time when needing to upload pics and video I can always switch to an iPad to upload recent pics and video with airdrop or see if I can upload directly from app to iPad.

I’m not too familiar with the Triptek 8” Pro, still learning its super potential features. For now, just using it as my main viewing screen and it’s wonderful super crisp good size screen.

Thanks again 👍

I saw a couple of posts on another forum that said it wouldn't fly after update.
Yeah, it's not the update causing that, too many people (me included) have had it fly fine post update with no issues. You'd see it all over this forum if that was the case. Forums are a great place to share information , procedures and ideas, I place little stock in them when it comes to user operation. I helped someone who was convinced they received a bad drone from SD. There wasn't an issue with their drone, it was their lack of familiarity causing the problems. They now are using it without any issues beyond the typical annoyances we all see.

There's also the odd update failure, that seems to catch a few owners each time one comes up.

Best advise I have for anyone new to this, get the drone out in an open area with no trees or wires and a couple batteries. Play with it till you're bored and have burned up both batteries. Get used to everything including how it reacts before asking it to follow you down a mountain or across a lake. And most of all, keep it away from wires and bare trees. Those never end well.

Reactions: RiverEagle

Now, I’m afraid to remove SD card to upload pic/videos to my iPad. Maybe this recent update fixed this issue, guess I’llavoid issues need to remove card to find out.

Do the delete of the old files on the drone not the Ipad. I read from the SD all the time but I learned long ago when it comes to cameras all the writing to the card should be done with the recording device including deletions. It's not always needed on every recording device but it will avoid odd issues like this. I've seen others report they formatted the card in other devices and the SD wouldn't read it till it was formatted in the drone.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Do the delete of the old files on the drone not the Ipad. I read from the SD all the time but I learned long ago when it comes to cameras all the writing to the card should be done with the recording device including deletions. It's not always needed on every recording device but it will avoid odd issues like this. I've seen others report they formatted the card in other devices and the SD wouldn't read it till it was formatted in the drone.
That sounds like it’ll work, do the delete from drone not iPad. Haven’t been flying since my last recent issue with SD card, I’ll try and get out today take some pics and video, transfer to iPad yet not delete until SD card is back in Skydio drone and see if Skydio starts up again with no issues.

Appreciate you chiming in Ridefreak, will let you know how this pans out 👍. Thank you!

Reactions: Ridefreak
I have been deleting my camera memory cards with my computer for years. When I got my Skydio I have continued to do so. For my event photography my downloading program does it automatically. Would take way to long to navigate to "format" on camera. I very rarely do an actual format. Had one bad card 15 years or so ago but, probably just a bad card. I rotate about 20 CF cards through 3 different cameras. Thousands of photos.

I have been deleting my camera memory cards with my computer for years. When I got my Skydio I have continued to do so. For my event photography my downloading program does it automatically. Would take way to long to navigate to "format" on camera. I very rarely do an actual format. Had one bad card 15 years or so ago but, probably just a bad card. I rotate about 20 CF cards through 3 different cameras. Thousands of photos.
It's hit or miss, some devices can delete/format and it will work fine, others it doesn't. Obviously the OPs doesn't, so are you saying he should continue as he is currently because yours has worked ok with 1000s of photos in 2 completely different devices? His is obviously not working like yours is, but don't take my advise on this, the article I linked to explains it pretty well.

Obviously the OPs doesn't, so are you saying he should continue as he is currently because yours has worked ok with 1000s of photos in 2 completely different devices? His is obviously not working like yours is, but don't take my advise on this, the article I linked to explains it pretty well.
Not saying that at all, just stating the facts. I read the article and still think it's a bot over hyped. If you are using the same camera time after time much of what it says may or may not hold true.

The only fact here is your's works and the OPs doesn't. That article doesn't over hype the problem, obviously you've not seen the issue or else your view on it would have been different. It does happen enough that they are writing articles about it, that's just the first link I grabbed, there's others. Your method is ideal if it works, if it doesn't then the OP should format or delete in the drone, same thing photographers experiencing similar issues have done since digital photography started.

It worked, finally made time to follow your instructions of deleting from drone itself (Skydio 2+) instead of iPad to prevent formatting card when placing back into drone.

After uploading SD card to iPad, stopped there didn’t delete pictures and placed card back into Skydio 2. Then, Restarted Skydio app and once connected to controller/drone deleted pictures from Skydio app. This is great, no more hassle of formatting SD card.

Recently, family emergency occurred that will greatly limit my flying maybe even permanent. I’ll still follow the forum, will be great seeing others out there enjoying the amazing skydio, enjoy everyone!

Appreciate the help Ridefreak!
Paul

Reactions: Ridefreak
Good luck with everything, hope you get to use it a bit.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
this update was to blame for damaging my skydio 2, then they released the bug fix and it didn't solve almost anything

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES