Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Original extented warranty

Airwolf

Reaction score
Does anyone remember or better yet have the exact words for the original extended warranty with the original S2? The new warranty requires money for replacement, but I'm certain that wasn't the case withe original version. I wish I would have saved the original text. There is no documentation other than my original purchase order. I even asked Skydio how to use the warranty if needed? They said just state my name and kit bought and they'd take care of me. Hmmm. Seems too simplistic to me...

please be more clear on what you are asking. there is a manufacturer's "warranty" and there is something call "skydio care." you will need to be more specific please. also if you could call it s2 and s2+ that would help with the "original" discussion.

you probably already know this but there was no "skydio care" available and in existence during the s2 days.
no warranty (s2 or s2+) required money for replacement.

which drone do you have now?

I have the S2 as i stated in the original post. When I was finally able to buy it and it was ready to be shipped, there was an option for extending the "exclusive" 1 year warranty to 2 years if I bought the PRO kit. I bought the PRO kit. It was about $2600. The website as late as earlier this month before the January 4 announcement, even still had it. It was called Premier Support or something. I can remember.

It stated that they would replace a drone often before they received the crashed one and at no cost. It was a $500 package. But it was only good once or maybe twice. I still have a year left on it but I can't find anything about it anymore now with the new Skydio Care.

I have the S2 as i stated in the original post. When I was finally able to buy it and it was ready to be shipped, there was an option for extending the "exclusive" 1 year warranty to 2 years if I bought the PRO kit. I bought the PRO kit. It was about $2600. The website as late as earlier this month before the January 4 announcement, even still had it. It was called Premier Support or something. I can remember.

It stated that they would replace a drone often before they received the crashed one and at no cost. It was a $500 package. But it was only good once or maybe twice. I still have a year left on it but I can't find anything about it anymore now with the new Skydio Care.
i see, i understand now. i didn't get this offer for my cinema s2 so i cannot comment on how it works exactly. im sure someone will come along who has it and can give you answers to your questions, sorry i am unable to help.

Reactions: Airwolf
i see, i understand now. i didn't get this offer for my cinema s2 so i cannot comment on how it works exactly. im sure someone will come along who has it and can give you answers to your questions, sorry i am unable to help.

Actually, you did me a solid by apparently doing what I should have done in the beginning and do an internet search. (As an aside, that DroneHead article has to be the most poorly written piece of English I have ever seen; either that or they really would do well to hire a proof reader! My golly! I still don't know what I read.)

Anyway, I got some information from what you sent and I think I'll ask Skydio what it all means now that it is not offered anymore.

I really would like to compare the two plans? I believe the Premier Support is actually a WAY better value!

Reactions: kenmavic2zoom
Actually, you did me a solid by apparently doing what I should have done in the beginning and do an internet search. (As an aside, that DroneHead article has to be the most poorly written piece of English I have ever seen; either that or they really would do well to hire a proof reader! My golly! I still don't know what I read.)

Anyway, I got some information from what you sent and I think I'll ask Skydio what it all means now that it is not offered anymore.

I really would like to compare the two plans? I believe the Premier Support is actually a WAY better value!
i havent really taken a closer look at skydio care since it came already included in the s2+ pro. when i start flying again in a few months, pretty sure i'll see what it covers. if it's anything like dji care refresh then it can't be all that bad even with replacement costs.

Reactions: Airwolf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaimejcornado