Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

phone dead in the middle of flight

pawntan

Reaction score
I've had occasion where my iphone suddenly shutdown for no reason. Particularly in the cold weather. What if this happens while skydio is motion tracking me ?
Will it just stay put in the air until the drone battery runs out and then drop from the sky ?
If it just hover , how do I bring it down without the phone ?

Last edited:
I've had occasion where my iphone suddenly shutdown for no reason. Particularly in the cold weather. What if this happens while skydio is motion tracking me ?
Will it just stay put in the air until the drone battery runs out and then drop from the sky ?
If it just hover , how do I bring it down without the phone ?
It stops and hoovers, eventually it will rise up trying to acquire a signal. There's some RTH behaviors that can be set in the app, I'd become familiar with those if the phone power is an ongoing issue. Personally I wouldn't rely on the phone as the control device if there's any question if can stay powered the entire flight. You're kind of SOL if that's the only control device connected and it turns off.

what if I use two iphone ? If one phone is dead, how do I use the other phone to connect to the vehicle mid flight ?

You might want to keep the beacon on hand. When my S2 starts freaking out with the phone and beacon I just shut down the app mid-flight and control it with the beacon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayrrr