Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

[POLL] How did your skydio 2/2+ has died?

My S2/S2+ has died due to

• Drowning - autonomous maneuver above water or unsafe landing in water surroundings (boat etc)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Landing unsafe / emergency on the solid ground (run out of charge, dim light, wind etc)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Obstacle collision while tracking an object (wire, bushes etc)

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Unknown - it flew away by itself and wasn't found / was found in pieces

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Intentional hit/destroyed by something / someone including being shot / anti-drone devices / jamming

• I pressed something in the app/controller and it made a strange movement resulted in crash

• I pressed something on beacon and it made a strange movement resulted in crash

• Obstacle collision while in manual flight mode / non tracking mode

• My drone is still alive

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • I got replacement under warranty

• Total voters

singular.droid

Reaction score
Hey S2/S2+ owners, can we have a poll on how your S2/S2+ ended its life? I know at least 4 occurrences of drowning due to tracking on water or landing on boats and also had a personal crash due to wire while bike track. Would be nice to get some stats. Feel free to comment if poll choices are not reflecting your situation

None of the Above thus far. There should be a line for "I like Pie" on the end of your poll. ( LOL )

I flew my S2+ over water yesterday, but made sure the surface was not "mirror like" at the time, I usually do not risk such flying even when safety protocols from Skydio say one should not do it.

I am in the group of people who believe that any time someone crashes their drone, it's "Pilot Error".

Anyway, great thread !

None of the Above thus far. There should be a line for "I like Pie" on the end of your poll. ( LOL )

I flew my S2+ over water yesterday, but made sure the surface was not "mirror like" at the time, I usually do not risk such flying even when safety protocols from Skydio say one should not do it.

I am in the group of people who believe that any time someone crashes their drone, it's "Pilot Error".

Anyway, great thread !
The number of answer options in the poll is extremely limited, tbh, as a developer, I don't understand what's the difference between giving 10 options for an answer and 20 or 200, it is still the same piece of code just written without prejudice '10 options will be enough for everything'. This is about 'there should be an option X' - I would love to make it so, but the forum engine is from medieval times and isn't that flexible at all.
About 'Pilot Error' - nope, this is definitely not true that's why some of the crashes are covered by warranty and I'd be glad to know if someone crashed and it was warranty covered (please don't mix it with Care, because Care is a paid option, while the warranty is free). So if your crash has been covered by warranty please checkmark 'I got a replacement under warranty' as well - you can select several options simultaneously.

The number of answer options in the poll is extremely limited, tbh, as a developer, I don't understand what's the difference between giving 10 options for an answer and 20 or 200, it is still the same piece of code just written without prejudice '10 options will be enough for everything'. This is about 'there should be an option X' - I would love to make it so, but the forum engine is from medieval times and isn't that flexible at all.
About 'Pilot Error' - nope, this is definitely not true that's why some of the crashes are covered by warranty and I'd be glad to know if someone crashed and it was warranty covered (please don't mix it with Care, because Care is a paid option, while the warranty is free). So if your crash has been covered by warranty please checkmark 'I got a replacement under warranty' as well - you can select several options simultaneously.
Singular.droid,

I was no way shape or form mocking your thread, I actually like it, but I apologize for not being clear on the Pilot Error part, I should have included in the text " until proven otherwise ". I do understand software bugs, it's one of those things I check before I allow my drone to move away from me with some simple manuevers close at hand, fortunately I have not been affected by anything thus far, I do hope more S2 Owners chime in on your poll.

The I like pie reference is something from other forums, just a light hearted option. I realy do like to see this forum layout expanded, but it takes time and money, still a good place though.

Good Luck with your S2 !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spad