Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Prop Noise

GarthH

Reaction score
To current S2 owners...how does the prop noise compare to other drones (e.g DJI, Anafi)?

I've heard the Anafi is the quietest, hopefully S2 slots somewhere between the Mavic 1 and 2 models. I've owned the Mavic Air before and it sounds like a hive of angry bees.

Quieter then a MA or a P4P, but louder then either Mavic Pro in my opinion. The Anafi and Mavic Mini are also quieter.

Reactions: GarthH
I love the S2, and I haven't flown my MPP since acquiring it, but ****, it must be 10x louder than my Platinum.

Mine seems at least as quiet as my Mavic Pro, but i got rid of it so I can't do a test. My Anafi is quieter than either.

Mine seems at least as quiet as my Mavic Pro, but i got rid of it so I can't do a test. My Anafi is quieter than either.
Hmmm must have been a while since you've heard a MPP because it's night and day.

Hmmm must have been a while since you've heard a MPP because it's night and day.
I think the MPP was supposed to be quieter than the original Mavic pro which is what I had. I have not heard the MPP in person. Can you post a comparison?

I think the MPP was supposed to be quieter than the original Mavic pro which is what I had. I have not heard the MPP in person. Can you post a comparison?
Not a bad idea. I will see if I can whip something up this week. Can probably get a decibel reading.

Gotta admit the S2 is sure a LOT noisier than the Mavic.

Had to really smile when the pilot said "I have to agree with myself" during one part of the test.

Gotta admit the S2 is sure a LOT noisier than the Mavic.

Had to really smile when the pilot said "I have to agree with myself" during one part of the test.
Indeed that is a big difference. Your MPP is definitely quieter than my original Mavic Pro.

Indeed that is a big difference. Your MPP is definitely quieter than my original Mavic Pro.
DJI claimed some 'special' motors that were quieter, on top of the blades. I think it's 60% props, 40% motors, based on seeing people put the grey-tipped blades on OG Mavics.

Seems we could possibly do a swap on the S2 as well. Personally I would like the option to pop on the quiet ones sometimes, even if I knew they performed worse in every other way. Modularity is king.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup