Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Repair refund

somewhereinusa

Reaction score
I got an email the other day saying they had reviewed my repair order and was going to refund the amount I had paid. Got a notice today that the check had been sent. From what I can tell they replaced it instead of repairing it. It looked new and had a new serial number.

I got an email the other day saying they had reviewed my repair order and was going to refund the amount I had paid. Got a notice today that the check had been sent. From what I can tell they replaced it instead of repairing it. It looked new and had a new serial number.
How long did that take I have been waiting 58 days now is why I am asking?

How long did that take I have been waiting 58 days now is why I am asking?
I paid on 9/4 don't remember when I got the drone back. I thought it was over until I got the notice they were refunding the repair fee.

I paid on 9/4 don't remember when I got the drone back. I thought it was over until I got the notice they were refunding the repair fee.
Do you have a ballpark for how long after you sent in your drone until you got it back? Ive been waiting a week, and was getting anxious...sounds like brews has been waiting nearly 2 months...surely you'd remember if it took a month or 2??

Do you have a ballpark for how long after you sent in your drone until you got it back? Ive been waiting a week, and was getting anxious...sounds like brews has been waiting nearly 2 months...surely you'd remember if it took a month or 2??
From the emails it looks like they received it in late July and I got it back in late September. So, roughly 2 months from time they said to send it in until I got it back.

Do you have a ballpark for how long after you sent in your drone until you got it back? Ive been waiting a week, and was getting anxious...sounds like brews has been waiting nearly 2 months...surely you'd remember if it took a month or 2??I
Seven weeks start to finish for me. Once I sent them payment it was in the mail 3 days later, I got it 2 days after that. Good luck contacting them for updates on your case though. That's what took the time for me, 1 1/2 weeks between each email response.

Seven weeks start to finish for me. Once I sent them payment it was in the mail 3 days later, I got it 2 days after that. Good luck contacting them for updates on your case though. That's what took the time for me, 1 1/2 weeks between each email response.
Yours was repaired, right, or did you get a different drone back??

I'm getting a 'tested, certified replacement drone'. I have no idea how they test the drones, but if they just fly em a couple times, my old one could possibly pass the test.

The rep I've been talking to typically replies next day at latest. Once it was same day at about 8:30PM, so 730 pacific time

I think Skydio is trying to do whats right.

Yours was repaired, right, or did you get a different drone back??

I'm getting a 'tested, certified replacement drone'. I have no idea how they test the drones, but if they just fly em a couple times, my old one could possibly pass the test.

The rep I've been talking to typically replies next day at latest. Once it was same day at about 8:30PM, so 730 pacific time

I think Skydio is trying to do whats right.
I think I got a replacement, the wifi was different. It definitely looked brand new. They did replace board, and shell for some reason even though there's wasn't any physical damage on the outside so maybe when they replace the board it comes out with new wifi.

Reactions: dmac1
I think I got a replacement, the wifi was different. It definitely looked brand new. They did replace board, and shell for some reason even though there's wasn't any physical damage on the outside so maybe when they replace the board it comes out with new wifi.
If you kept a note of your serial #, I think that would tell you if it was the same drone or a different one. I forget where the number is on the drone, but I will be able to know soon cuz my replacement drone is here. I missed the FedEx guy and need to go pick it up tho.

So from when Skydio got my drone, to when the replacement was shipped, was about a week. Really can't ask for better than that.

Reactions: Ridefreak
If you kept a note of your serial #, I think that would tell you if it was the same drone or a different one. I forget where the number is on the drone, but I will be able to know soon cuz my replacement drone is here. I missed the FedEx guy and need to go pick it up tho.

So from when Skydio got my drone, to when the replacement was shipped, was about a week. Really can't ask for better than that.
Hmmm I thought serial was same as wifi name at least that's how support requests it. If so yeah I got a new one.

Hmmm I thought serial was same as wifi name at least that's how support requests it. If so yeah I got a new one.
That's what I did also. They can probably cross ref the wifi name.

So....what are you guys putting on the fa a reg ...if anything, in the Add Device section?

Last edited:
The WiFi name apparently since I didn't know about the other serial :rolleyes:

Sorry, was trying to be a bit vague...apparently I was successful. LOL

The concern I have is that the 'add device' aspect seems to be a step toward shuttin us down once the new rules are in place...cuz our drones don't broadcast id and since they often aren't flown where there is cell signal.

That said, I guess we can be somewhat legal via completing the device info, up until that point. I balked at re reg process when I got to that part.

By 'somewhat' I mean, when the drone is followin us, we aint exactly able to watch it every second and its being autonomous.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup