Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

S2 loses altitude with Controller

Humboldt Mtn flyer

Reaction score
I’ve noticed that when using the Turbo paddle on the Controller and flying at faster speeds, my S2 loses Altitude at a uncomfortable rate. I haven’t messed with the Rates at all, I’ve contacted Skydio Support and are awaiting an answer.

I have not done much flying at the highest speeds (I've my rates set such that I don't need to hit the turbo button to go fast). Does not surprise me that it drops (horizontal & vertical components of the thrust vector and all that). It is either drop or Skydio would have to limit the forward speed, I'd prefer to make that decision myself. :)

I'll have to keep an eye out for that one, maybe tomorrow. I was using the boost button tonight but I had the S2 very high at the time and wasn't paying that much attention to the altitude.

Unrelated, but I find it really annoying how when I pick a spot on the map and tell it to fly there, once it reaches that point it descends on that point. I don't understand why they would think we'd want it to automatically descend when reaching the destination. Anyone know if there's a way to disable that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaimejcornado