Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Second Flight

FliesDrones

Reaction score

Here's the highlights from the second flight in the park.

This video shows why you should always be attentive, I was tracking the person next to me and basically occluded them as we passed by a group of joggers. Skydio decided that he had vanished and the jogger that had just passed us was the person being motion tracked. I'm sure that lady pooped her pants after hearing my drone just flying full speed towards her.

I'm always on my phone and moving the motion track around to make sure the drone is not approaching anyone who is in the park or flying over them.

Reactions: Ridefreak
When it's moving in close like that at the end of the dronie it switches back to using visual tracking, the visual tracking is easily confused when there's multiple possible subjects around. It's done it to me a couple times, it's scary watching it fly off in the distance chasing someone else.

When it's moving in close like that at the end of the dronie it switches back to using visual tracking, the visual tracking is easily confused when there's multiple possible subjects around. It's done it to me a couple times, it's scary watching it fly off in the distance chasing someone else.

That was not a dronie... the dronie was fine... at the beginning it was motion tracking the white shirt with stripes and as soon as I occluded him, the drone went right after the jogger lady.

Dronie actually came back and followed us without issue (tracking was lost but regained since we stood still)

It's a possible issue whenever it's using visual tracking. When it happens at some point it will eventually realize it's not following the person with the beacon, hopefully sooner then later, I've see it go quite a ways out before that happened.

It's a possible issue whenever it's using visual tracking. When it happens at some point it will eventually realize it's not following the person with the beacon, hopefully sooner then later, I've see it go quite a ways out before that happened.
So this was phone-only tracking. I didn't buy a beacon since I'm not going heavy into fast sports.

So this was phone-only tracking. I didn't buy a beacon since I'm not going heavy into fast sports.
it's independent of the controller or the maneuver your doing, it's more to do with visual vs gps tracking, the drone will use visual in close and gps further out, there's a point between the closest standoff distance and the second distance where it switches between the two tracking types. Just wanted to point it out as it's a known issue around multiple subjects and can save you some headache if you know about it. GPS will always be more reliable when there's multiple people around. It seems to have been improved with some of the updates but the issue still exists in specific situations.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spad