Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio 2 Dual Charger - US$129 ??? (update: US$149 now...)

loyukfai

Reaction score
Skydio is asking $129 for the dual charger...

FWIW, the Mavic quad charging hub is $49.

The battery itself is $99.

BTW, some other additional accessories are now listed as well, e.g. ND filters, Pro Kit.

Last edited:
That dual charger is definitely overpriced, must be those magnets drive the price up (fyi - I'm being sarcastic about the mags). Two negatives I see right off the bat - (1) charges one after the other and NOT concurrently like the Spark 3 slot battery charger, (2) it doesn't even include a power supply I guess you use the one that came with the S2. I'd rather use the money on an extra battery than on this over priced product.

Reactions: Lifeisfun
Skydio updated the description and said it can charge both batteries concurrently if one uses a >65W charger.

Still hard to justify the price tag though.

Like you said, better to spend the money on one more battery instead.

Maybe/Hopefully in future some 3rd party alternatives will become available.

Cheers.

I think for the price, they should have included a 90 Watt adapter for dual charging.
At least the batteries are cheap compared to the competition.

Reactions: loyukfai
I agree, for that price they should have included the adapter. I ordered one because if you don't have the adapter you must use the drone as a pass thru to charge the battery, effectively grounding it anytime you charge.

With this $29 power adapter and the Skydio charger, you should be able to charge two batteries concurrently in 90 minutes. Actually, you could charge a third one in the drone at the same time.

Reactions: Ridefreak
With this $29 power adapter and the Skydio charger,
So now the price is almost $160 to charge two batteries concurrently. I'll pass even more now. I looked to see what DJI charges for the their battery hub and it's only $89. That gives 4 and not 2 battery slots, but it is only a sequential charger and not concurrent.

So now the price is almost $160 to charge two batteries concurrently. I'll pass even more now. I looked to see what DJI charges for the their battery hub and it's only $89. That gives 4 and not 2 battery slots, but it is only a sequential charger and not concurrent.
DJI makes it up on the batteries at $159 each.

DJI makes it up on the batteries at $159 each.

So true. I'm a hobbyist and I'm in batch 3 so it will be awhile before I have to determine (1) spend the money on an extra battery and just put up with the slight inconvenience using the S2 as a charger or (2) if I'm lucky a third party will have a cheaper and/or better multiple battery charger out by spring of next year.

Did a charging test last night, typically a single battery @ 10% or so charge has been taking 50~55 min to charge when connected to the Skydio. Using the dual charger along with an 87W brick , two batteries @ approx the same level charged up in 75min. 30min savings or about 25-30% quicker charging when using the dual charger, the larger brick is required though.

Did you provide the brick? Still waiting on my charger to ship. What exactly is included with the charger?

Does the charger have auto discharge to storage level when not in use for some time?
Thanks

Did you provide the brick? Still waiting on my charger to ship. What exactly is included with the charger?
This is the brick I used.

All that comes with the charger is a receptacle itself that looks kind of like a battery. It's got the USB-C connection and a place on each side for the battery to attach to.

Does the charger have auto discharge to storage level when not in use for some time?
Thanks
According to SD they batteries have a 2 week discharge circuit, After a period of 2 weeks the batteries will go into a discharge mode.

"Battery idle state: If the battery is above 60% state of charge, after 14 days of idle time (no flights) it will start to self-discharge down to 60%. This self-discharge helps extend battery cell lifetime and may take several days to complete. Charge your battery as you would normally to exit this idle state. "

This is the brick I used.

All that comes with the charger is a receptacle itself that looks kind of like a battery. It's got the USB-C connection and a place on each side for the battery to attach to.

Thank you sir.

I think the most important part is being able to charge the battery off the drone. I don't like the idea of having the drone turned on for hours just to charge.

I haven’t timed it but it definitely charges both batteries at the same time when using it with the Apple 90 watt USB—C adapter.

Isn't it super-disappointing that they don't even include a simple USB-C cable with a crazy overpriced dual charger!?

What you get is just the charger, no cable or anything.

Isn't it super-disappointing that they don't even include a simple USB-C cable with a crazy overpriced dual charger!?

What you get is just the charger, no cable or anything.
Actually it's not even a charger but just a battery holder with contacts. You use the charger and cable that came with the drone. Oh well you don't have to buy it as its not needed, just a convenience to have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup