Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio Introduces The New X2 Family of Drones + House Scan

Comical..
There is no need for arguments, you are butt hurt every time anyway, so won't make it worse for you ?
Great comeback, informative, on topic and adds to the discussion. Thanks

I was totally serious and provided a coherent response, it'd be nice if you did the same.

Once again, your response reverts to a personal attack that's unrelated to the subject at hand. Apparently that's your go to reaction if you don't agree or have nothing to counter with.
If that's all you can come up with you're better off not responding at all. Like I told you before, that type of response does zero for any credibility you have and adds nothing to the discussion.
Doubt very much he wants to add to any discussion that doesn't give him the opportunity to stir up the pot.

The need to disrupt is sadly what gives him purpose in life.

Responding to him just fuels that purpose.

Look forward to S3, "Skydio 2 Redux" or whatsoever that will incorporate some of the X2 features.

Given that X2 is to be released in Q4 2020, the next consumer model is likely to come in 2021 the earliest.

Cheers.

Reactions: Ridefreak
FWIW, I sent a suggestion to Skydio recommending an 1" sensor option, they responded saying they appreciated the feedback.

If you have the same or other suggestions, please consider contacting Skydio.

Cheers.

Forgot to mention Skydio's far better warranty program, DJI's second rate customer service, all the headaches DJI pilots face regarding no fly zones, and maybe last but least, Skydio's well regarded reputation with the US military....

Note which company got the largest contract.

P.S. I'm sticking with the S2 .... just wish I could buy two (2) when my time in the queue comes up.

The DJI saturation is a serious issue, beyond the obvious gov restrictions etc.
It's great to see Parrot Anafi and Skydio options becoming viable, relatively capable alternatives.

The Anafi is convenient and has surprisingly few glitches. It interfaces well with all of Parrot/Pix4D/Sequoia products. At the relatively low price of $799 it's a good option that will get a lot of use. But compared to the Mavic Air 2 which as the same price, the Mavic is a far superior system both on paper and evident in the software/hardware maturity.

Skydio2 is really cool. There's some fantastic science going on in there, and it has the potential to mature into a great product. Yes, lots of tings haven't been optimized yet, like the controller, range, target market, etc.. but it has a quality build, a thoughtful team of engineers, and superior OA. No I don't NEED that OA and would rather have great coms and video feed, super tight hardware/GCSsoftware integration, and better mission planning options that don't rely on 3rd party subscription web-based apps. I actually really like that SD2 doesn't fold... Although it's nice to tote around a hip-pack sized sachet, the folding thing always seems gimmicky and prone to breakage. The solid metal SD2 airframe feels rigid and trustworthy.

DJI isn't far behind in the OA race. They leveraged govt-subsidized market dominance focused on consumer sales to learn, build, grow, develop their empire.
OA alone will not be enough to woo the consumer base over to support domestic growth. But if SD gets everything else super tight, then it can market those subsystems to various platforms beyond consumer use.

Personally, I'm happy to keep investing in Skydio. I'm hopeful that they will quickly sort through the essentials and not put the horse before the cart with militarized bs contracts that stifle the quality refinement that consumer market demands.

Agree with a lot of your sentiments regarding what Skydio brings to the market but for me their far superior OA is what makes them the product of choice for both enterprise and first responder organizations.

Time will tell whether DJI can catch-up in the OA area especially given how much of a lead Skydio has.

The AI aspect of future autonomous OA flight is what will determine whether Skydio can keep and or even increase that lead.

The military (and enterprise) contracts Skydio is gravitating to aren't bs....that level of funding is going to determine Skydio's future.

Skydio's willingness to flow down improved software to what I believe will be an ever and ever smaller consumer drone operation is something DJI has never done.

Time will tell whether DJI can catch-up in the OA area especially given how much of a lead Skydio has.

Agreed

But if DJI does manage to match Skydio in obstacle avoidance, Skydio may as well abandon the consumer market.
Skydio cannot hope to match DJI's cost structure. And most consumers will not be willing to pay a 30% to 50% markup just to avoid Chinese spying.

Were Skydio to keep a strong focus on consumer drones, believe they would literally be Betting The Company that DJI could not rapidly catch up to Skydio's obstacle avoidance. Will DJI quickly catch up? No idea. But wouldn't want to wager my firm on an agile competitor not executing.

This is why it's not surprising that Skydio is making strong, perhaps exclusive moves towards government and enterprise. Those products are far more insulated against DJI catching up. Many enterprise and government users are extremely leery of Chinese spying. They have far larger budgets than average consumers, and are more than willing to pay for the vastly increased security Skydio offers. Government and enterprise products should also return higher margins to Skydio. And with fewer overall users, lessen Skydio's support burden.

To sum up, will be surprised if a consumer Skydio 3 is ever released. Skydio's clearest path to success appears to be offering products to western governments and enterprises.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup