Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio LOGO for Landing Pad

UNIXman

Reaction score
Now that the Skydio 2 can land on it's CASE using the LOGO to land on, I'm hoping some enterprising artist will start making LANDING PADS with the Skydio Logo or perhaps an ADHESIVE VINYL LOGO that could be applied to a hard surface so that we can make our own.

de KØUNX, Jim, in Jefferson County, Colorado

Reactions: Blueskybob
YOU'RE SUPER! I have a Honda Ridgeline truck with a hard tri-fold black tonneau. This will be perfect! And thanks also for sending the PDF along.

Does anyone know if the logo must be a certain size and color or is it just looking for the design?

I'm wondering the same thing. If I had any artistic ability at all, I'd like to make a bigger Skydio logo (easier to spot from the air!) and give it a try. I'm thinking that The Bird might be using the SIZE of the logo to determine how hight it is from The Target, and it might drop from too high. That last FOOT, The Bird cuts motors, and the landing is pretty hard already, with a distinct "THUD!" If I doubled the size, I wonder if it would cut the motors from too high? Then, I'm wondering just how CLOSE the reproduced LOGO would have to be to the original, or if something free-form with ragged approximation would do. -I'm NO artist!

Does it have to be white on black? How about black on white?

Cheers.

I have tested different sizes. I think skydio prefers to have the logo on a background that is proportionally the same as the one on the case. In other words, 5" logo on 10 x 12 case, 8" logo on 16 x 19 background. Can't say definitively that larger logos were detected at higher altitude. Have not tested different colors.

Reactions: loyukfai
Not definitively detecting larger logos at higher altitudes is puzzling.

Perhaps Skydio detecting algorithm has too many variables involved to always have consistent results.

Not definitively detecting larger logos at higher altitudes is puzzling.

Perhaps Skydio detecting algorithm has too many variables involved to always have consistent results.
It may be looking for a certain range of sizes based on its height. When you tell it to land, from a higher altitude, it descends quickly at first and could have more difficulty locating the target until it slows down.

Sure seems that way. Since it always slows down at about the same height, the logo detection process probably isn't even activated until the lower height is met. Scanning capabilities would also then be less demanding on the processing system.

I've tested the one you can buy from ebay on the side of a 3rd party case and it worked perfectly for case landings.

Logo in a PowerPoint File.
You can set background and change logo color.
2 Size (Letter and 11x17)

Attachments

• Skydio Logo.zip
    61.1 KB · Views: 49
So I have made a few colored stickers using the dimensions of the one on the original case, and it doesn't pick it up. Does anyone happen to know if it has to be the white on black combo of colors for sure?

So I have made a few colored stickers using the dimensions of the one on the original case, and it doesn't pick it up. Does anyone happen to know if it has to be the white on black combo of colors for sure?
So I don't know about COLOR, but using a LARGER logo works perfectly every time. Here's a video:

Yes, I seen this very nice I like that. I have all the equipment to make all this. I just found it odd that it would not recognize the the color ones I made. Made a white one and it picked it up right away. Thank you for sharing and if you hear anything about the color logos, let me know if you could I am just curious now. Have a great one.

Yes, I seen this very nice I like that. I have all the equipment to make all this. I just found it odd that it would not recognize the the color ones I made. Made a white one and it picked it up right away. Thank you for sharing and if you hear anything about the color logos, let me know if you could I am just curious now. Have a great one.
It might not be the COLOR, rather the CONTRAST. You can't get more contrasty than black & white.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup