Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

SKYDIO NOT RECORDING FOOTAGE ALL THE SUDDEN

treyleonard

Reaction score
Hey all, new here. I've used Skydio 2 for a long time, always with the same SD card (ExFat format, san disk 128GB card, type 3, the whole 9 yards). This week, it stopped recording footage for no apparent reason. Unfortunately this happened while on vacation in Lake Powell. I came home and tried to address the problem. I've tried switching from auto record to manual, played with the video settings, as well as switched to photo mode. Every time, when I land the drone, I let it sync, but still there is no new media in the app. I turn off the drone, plug in the card to my mac pro, and no files stored on the card.

When flying, I can see the red circle moving around, pulsing, showing that it's recording. And yet nothing. I've tried reformatting the card, emptying the card of previous footage, updating the app... and still nothing.

And since Skydio is so amazing at responding quickly to technical questions (sorry for the sarcasm), I'm turning to this awesome group to see if anyone has had a similar problem and know of any potential solutions?

Thanks.

have you eliminated the card as a possible cause? They do fail occasionally.

have you eliminated the card as a possible cause? They do fail occasionally.
Yes I bought a new one, popped that one in, and had the same problem. The only difference is that with the new card, the auto record button was illuminated and “rotating”.... and on manual mode I could stop and start recording. With the old card it wouldn’t even let me do that. Regardless, no footage actually being recorded with the new SD card either

Ok, just had to ask. One last thing, I've discovered over the years using SD cards in different devices is that sometimes you have to format the SD in the device doing the recording, you've probably done that but I wanted to mention it. On the SD2 I've always made it a point to format the card in the drone. You've tried manually and automatically recording video, taking pictures etc.. most of the video functions in the app with no success. Barring a card issue I don't see where this could be anything other than a error in the video circuitry, a reset might fix it but I'd talk to them before resetting anything, that erases the logs so it might affect their support.

Ok, just had to ask. One last thing, I've discovered over the years using SD cards in different devices is that sometimes you have to format the SD in the device doing the recording, you've probably done that but I wanted to mention it. On the SD2 I've always made it a point to format the card in the drone. You've tried manually and automatically recording video, taking pictures etc.. most of the video functions in the app with no success. Barring a card issue I don't see where this could be anything other than a error in the video circuitry, a reset might fix it but I'd talk to them before resetting anything, that erases the logs so it might affect their support.
Good point, I’ll wait to hear from them before I do that, but I figured that’d be the next step. Thanks!

So I just test the motion tracking today in an open field, it was perfect, never lost connection and always following me. So I went home and it didn't get recorded, not sure if my SD card is full or what, but I still have room for sure.

So I go to INFO and I see the Flight Log that I did today but how can I get a copy of it? I actually uploaded it.

Just out of curiosity probably not going to help but a data point maybe.. I have you tried landing the drone after flight, not powering it off and selecting Media from the app? That should synchronize the flight. You should get in the habit of doing this anyways because that will sync the audio. I'm just curious if it shows anything.

Probably going to have to contact support though. I'd submit your flight logs and file a request ASAP. There's a huge queue and it took over two weeks for them to respond to me on request I submitted this month.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaimejcornado